Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been away changing my life to better accommodate my desiese...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been away changing my life to better accommodate my desiese...

when I was dx in March 2009 I found a lot of support and information on this site and for that I say thank you. I was working as the release officer at a maximum security prison which to say the least is very high stress with no since of.....feeling good about what you did at the end of the day.I was constantly having sudo-exacerbation from the stress of the job. pain in the left arm, loss of balance, numbness, memory issues and of course fatigue, lots of fatigue.

In 2011 when my nuero told me that "all thats wrong with you is your job" I knew I had to make some changes. after my request for a job change was denied (I was lazy not sick) I was able to quit my job and draw unemployment and went back to school. I am now a working nurse and I love what I do. My co-workers are often overprotective of me and wont assign me to take care of anyone who comes in with MS which is sweet but completely unnecessary.

I didn't like what I read about the current DMM so I have elected to take LDN for the past 2 years and had no progression in my dz. I also take cymbalta and it has given me back all the feeling in my left hand. life is good and god willing it will stay that way. one thing about being a nurse is when you start to throw yourself a pity party you can always go to work and find someone in a lot worse shape than you.

Thanks for being their when I needed you support!!!
    dx:RRMS 3/10/09
    DMM: Low dose Naltrexone

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Wow - thank you for sharing your great story, southernms! You made a life changing move into a better situation and I'm proud of you. From max security release officer to nurse - what a 180degree direction and a load off your mental health as well.

I hope the future of LDN finds you with better health for a long time to come
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
    X