Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8th dose of Tysabri today & follow up MRI results

Just an update.

I started Tysabri in May. Today will be my 8th infusion.
    I am still JC negative (last tested 11/9/15).

I had my MRI this morning. Neurologist interpreted the results, and i have my report.

I have one new, not active lesion T2 weighted lesion. (No GAD enhancement).

She feels this is a good MRI. This will now be considered my "baseline" MRI in measuring the effectiveness of the Tysabri. The next MRI should be in 6 months. (I guess I went a little long between my initial MRI and this "follow up"). Overall, I am happy.

I am very happy and satisfied with my Neurologist and all of the people involved in my care at this facility. I am very fortunate. I feel like I am probably one of the "annoying patients" who wants to know everything. However, the medical staff that I see is so excellent. I appreciate them so much. (And although they are not seeing this post, I want to send them kudos and positive energy).
    RRMS Dx: 3/23/15
    (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)
    Started Tysabri 5/22/15: (Infusions: 5/22/15, 6/18/15, 7/16/15)

I'm sort of bummed that no one replied to my post.

Things seem stable with me at any rate, so I can't complain.

Happy new year to all!
    (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)

Comment

Happy thoughts!

So glad no lesions are enhanced and you have confidence in your healthcare team. I am relatively new here and have not had any experience with Tysabrie. I Wish you the very best for the New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by Teekybird View Post
        Just an update.

I started Tysabri in May. Today will be my 8th infusion.
        I am still JC negative (last tested 11/9/15).

I had my MRI this morning. Neurologist interpreted the results, and i have my report.

I have one new, not active lesion T2 weighted lesion. (No GAD enhancement).

She feels this is a good MRI. This will now be considered my "baseline" MRI in measuring the effectiveness of the Tysabri. The next MRI should be in 6 months. (I guess I went a little long between my initial MRI and this "follow up"). Overall, I am happy.

I am very happy and satisfied with my Neurologist and all of the people involved in my care at this facility. I am very fortunate. I feel like I am probably one of the "annoying patients" who wants to know everything. However, the medical staff that I see is so excellent. I appreciate them so much. (And although they are not seeing this post, I want to send them kudos and positive energy).
        Hi Teekybird

Thanks for sharing the positive news about your MRI results. So glad to learn that you have a top notch medical support team too.

Wishing you a wonderful 2016, with continued treatment success!

(I usually don't read the Tysabri threads, but glad I stumbled upon your post to read some good news.)

Take care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Congrats. On Tysabri 3 years, gratefully still JCV-, and no new lesions.

I hope you continue to have great success. It is great to see good news! Thanks for sharing.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

All and all are you happy with Ty? After my 3rd infusion I had MRIs in early November and these are the baseline MRIs doc will use and the doc said there were no new lesions since the last MRIs done in May. Thank the Lord. He feels the Tysabri may be working even though it's only been a few infusions. So this is good. Life is good, right?

Comment

Originally posted by shel67 View Post
              All and all are you happy with Ty? After my 3rd infusion I had MRIs in early November and these are the baseline MRIs doc will use and the doc said there were no new lesions since the last MRIs done in May. Thank the Lord. He feels the Tysabri may be working even though it's only been a few infusions. So this is good. Life is good, right?
              Hi, I'm overall happy with the tysabri. #9 was yesterday. It was the first bad stick. :/ Otherwise, i am doing on.

Comment

Hi Teekybird,
                glad you are doing well I am a bit ahead of you, somewhere around 110 infusions.
                I wish you to do, at least, as well as me !!
                Linda

Comment

Working...
                X