I love my media!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my media!

We choose not to pay for cable TV. But I love my Netflix and my Hulu Plus and my Roku.

I love my Pandora music.

I love my tablet and my Amazon Kindle books.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I love some of the same things. Except I live with dd and sil, they buy internet/cable, so I get all those 'additionals' with rent.

It would be long, long days for me if not for these distractions.
    Karen

Comment

Me too, Mamabug! Just love this "golden age of television" we live in now. Do you also have Amazon Prime? We just binged the whole 1st season of The Man in the High Castle. The visual production is amazing. And have you watched Sense8 on Netflix?
      PPMS
      Dx 07/13

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bo View Post
        Me too, Mamabug! Just love this "golden age of television" we live in now. Do you also have Amazon Prime? We just binged the whole 1st season of The Man in the High Castle. The visual production is amazing. And have you watched Sense8 on Netflix?
        lol. We somehow ended up subscribing to Amazon Prime by mistake. Maybe clicked the wrong thing when we purchased something from Amazon. We noticed it on our credit card that same month so we considered calling them and requesting that they take it off and refund us; told my hubby he could blame it on his wife, who is not as technically savvy as he is, but, actually, I think the mistake was his not mine. But, we ended up deciding to keep it. Have only had it a month or two so far.

I haven't watched either of the series that you suggested; I might have to check them out. Always looking for more ideas. Thanks!

Originally posted by Karenkay View Post
        ...It would be long, long days for me if not for these distractions.

Karen -- Yes, my days would be long, too, if not for these distractions. I do get out and volunteer in the community some, but, less than I used to. I just find that I need more down time; it keeps my stress level lower.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

I just find that I need more down time; it keeps my stress level lower.[/FONT]
          Faith, exactly. I can't move around much anymore, going outside the house requires help. I find myself reading alot more as well. DD has Amazon Prime and I buy Amazon Kindle which offers up to 10 free books at a time. I love that too.

J-Bo, thanks for the show referrals. I gotta look up those.

I've been watching Saving Grace on Netflix. God's love and grace is filtered throughout the show, but it is a pg-16 show. Sex and violence.
          Karen

Comment

We also got rid of cable tv about a year ago Cable prices kept going up so we dropped the cable

My husband bought an antenna so we have antenna tv

A couple of months ago my husbands boss sold him a box called Tiger Stream You get movies, new and old tv shows, movies, sports just about anything I started watching Orange is the new Black from the beginning
            I can also watch baseball

Shoo
            Shoo

Comment

Working...
            X