Fatigue and Ability to Concentrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue and Ability to Concentrate

In addition to having overwhelming fatigue, I have severe difficulties concentrating. SI there any med that helps with both? How about a med that helps with concentration?

I have similar kinds of issues. I have looked online and the only thing suggested is your ADHD drugs like Ritalin and Adderall. I have not talked with my doctor about them yet but I have an appointment Thursday and I might ask then.

It is really bad for me, when I started having physical issues with MS I had to stop doing fireplace installs and went into web development. Now I can't concentrate enough to do that. I am getting really frustrated.
    Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

Nuvigil wakes up my brain

I recently posted somewhere on this forum about my experience with Nuvigil. I had a conversation with my neurologist about feeling like my brain was asleep. He prescribed Nuvigil to address my fatigue and to wake up my brain. This really works for me. I still have problems with short term memory, but I can actually do a little multitasking and that is a remarkable thing.

It isn't the same medication as Provigil. I hope this helps!

Comment

I have a feeling any of the medications that help with fatigue with help your ability to concentrate. I take generic Adderall and it helps me quite a bit regarding my fatigue and mental alertness.
        Lori
        Betaseron 2004-2009, Tysabri 2010-2011, Copaxone 2012-2013, Tecfidera 2013...

Comment

I take Nuvigil 150

And just like WonderDog Lady it helps me with the fatigue & concentration.
          If I forget to take it I can really tell the difference.
          Tl-Tr3
          DX'07 MS- on Tysabri-

Comment

I can never tell if it's truly MS fatigue affecting my ability to concentrate or if I simply have zero desire to concentrate, but good to know that I have options of pharmaceuticals that may stave off the fatigue/distractibility.
            Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
            UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

extended release adderall and nuvigil

I take both of these medications, an still have problems staying alert and with concentration. I am grateful to have the meds though, as I notice a big difference when driving Shalom, Suzanne
              You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X