Regularly Missing My Dose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regularly Missing My Dose

I have been on Beta for 13 years and am just tired of it. Tired of the shots, pain, bruises, knots and all. It is showing to, I regularly skip my shots sometimes only do it every three or four days. How bad is it to do that? I guess it is working to some degree, I have had no new lesions since I was diagnosed in 2002 but my walking and tightness has gradually gotten worse. I went from a cane to a walker several years ago and have maintained with the walker since. Seriously thinking about changing but I don't want to get any worse, what to do?

I do understand, 18 years of this stuff. There's not much point taking a third of the dose.
    May as well take none. If you hate it, ask for a better/ different drug.

I have hated every MS drug I've had to take, and I did the same thing, "no, had enough, I'll have a few days off", and the thing is you feel better.

But you're not on the drug to feel better, which is the whole horrible irony of the thing.

You're on a drug that makes you feel worse in the valiant attempt to stay more mobile.

You, like me, have reached wheelie-walker stage, despite our best efforts. I don't blame anyone.

(Well I do, dunno who, because I have spent all these years 'shooting up' and yes, it hurts, and yes, I feel sick, and yes I still can't walk, and maybe it gave me three extra years but those years are gone.

And you have to pretend everything is A-okay, because you don't want to worry anyone.)

That's just the way it is.

I'm not as miserable as I sound. Really.

Comment

Believe me..... The grass isn't greener on the other side

Hi ShockedToo

I was dx in 2011 and started on Beta. I hated the bumps and lumps and the crappy feeling all.the.time. I started missing shots on a regular basis and realized that only being on it for 4 years I should change meds. My Neuro put me on Copaxone and 3 months in I started having severe allergic reactions so on to the next medicine! I am on Tecfidera and honestly, I don't know what I was thinking but this has its own set of side effects. thinkimjob is correct. These meds aren't going to help us feel better. This is the crappy hand I got dealt. There is no miracle cure or drug or anything that's gonna change what we have.
      Just make sure that you are really ready to start with a whole new medicine and all that entails. Good luck to you
      Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
      RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
      Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Comment

Working...
      X