Floored is the right adjective?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floored is the right adjective?

So, I may be a bit premature, but the results of my brain mri came back last night, and multiple lesions were found in both hemispheres and corpus callosum. Haven't met with the neurologist yet, but my primary and I discussed this potentially prior to getting the mri done with the symptoms I was having.

Father of 2 young kids, currently only income and starting a new job on Monday. Wow a whole range of emotions right now. Still a bit of shock.

Not minimizing what they found at all, but initially I was concerned that they would find tumors. In the limited research I've done since finding out this news, I've been optimistic to see many of you living somewhat regular lives, but I know this road called life will be a bit more bumpy.

Support

I am so sorry! Floored is the right adjective. We've all been there, and we all seem to visit that adjective from time-to-time. Here at MS World, you will find much support, many answers, and most importantly, many friends. You and your family are in my prayers. --Melissa
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Comment

Hello Cureit247 and welcome to MSWorld.

It is very possible for live a relatively normal life even with MS. It's not always easy though and can come with it's ups and downs.

Best wishes on your upcoming Neurology appointment and please let us know how it goes.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Congratulations on your new job! What you don't need now is stress, try not to think about what could happen because it may not happen.

I know that's easier said than done, but a new job is stressful enough. You may not have bad form of M. S. And it would be a waste worrying about it.

Even if you got the worst case of MS, people like me do fine with it, it's all due to add to attitude. Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy your new job!!!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words from all. After a rough saturday with symptoms, Sunday was better.

My first day of work was tough. Unfortunately many of these symptoms have gotten worse the past few weeks, and today was focused on the symptoms. I didn't mention that my neck/cervical also found a large lession, which could be causing some of my leg and arm numbness. Unfortunately, still have 3 weeks until the neurology appointment, and 5 weeks until my insurance with my new job picks up again.

It is what it is for me, but I feel extremely bad for my family right now. My wife is a trooper, but I can tell she is very worried.

Comment

I was a 29 year old father of 3 sole income when I got my DX so I can sympathize.

Sadly there isn't much you can do just keep on keeping on. I am now on my 3rd and lowest paying carer since the DX and my wife has had to go back to work. Fortunatly I was able to be the sole income long enough to get all 3 kids in school so it was a bit easier for my wife to work without feeling like she was bailing on her babies.

If you are newly DX there is a good chance you will have several years with not much change in your day to day life, just start planing now for the day that you can't keep up anymore. Don't worry about it but plan for it.

Good luck.
            Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

Working...
            X