You know you have MS when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When...

You no longer freak out when you fall...UNLESS there are witnesses!
    Tawanda

Comment

yep

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
      Michael J. Fox said "pity is a benign form of abuse". I couldn't agree more!
      I totally agree. I HATE those looks.

Comment

you know....

when you are suddenly bombarded with people who say things like "I have a co-worker (friend, neighbor, aunt, uncle's sister-in-law's best friend's niece) who was (note past tense) like you. (S)He was cured by this diet (insert newest miracle diet here, or cutting out a certain food group, eating ONLY this food group, exercising more, not exercising so much, taking that pill they show on TV, cutting out all meds. etc.)

Comment

When your walls are fingerprinted from wall walking, the door jams are scarred with the walker and spills from whatever on the floor.....and you're too fatigued to clean everything, every time!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

... You have this conversation after your DH purchases for you, the third unasked-for cane: "Darling, Sweet Love of my life, I really do appreciate that you have bought me yet another cane, but might you consider from now on, the default gift for me to be jewelry?"
            Ritalinda

Comment

When...

You actually find the energy to run errands but not enough energy to put any work into your appearance, so you shop out of town to avoid running into anyone you know!
              Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Defya View Post
                ... You have this conversation after your DH purchases for you, the third unasked-for cane: "Darling, Sweet Love of my life, I really do appreciate that you have bought me yet another cane, but might you consider from now on, the default gift for me to be jewelry?"
                No doubt. Having M.S. (and in my case, aging at the speed of light) doesn't mean we stopped being women! Heck, I even need to remind myself of that sometimes! Bring on the jewelry...my birthday is coming up!

But of course hubby means well, though...
                Tawanda

Comment

Omg!

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                  ... when after ten minutes you remember what you wanted to say, only to forget again mid-sentence - after interrupting the new conversation so that you wouldn't forget again
                  This happens to me almost daily! Geez I hate it!

Comment

When...

All the MS mail you used to think would be full of exciting news about upcoming cures now just goes directly in the same bin as all the other junk mail!
                    Tawanda

Comment

When you...

...FINALLY came up with a clever contribution to this thread but forgot it in the time it took to navigate to this page. 😯

Comment

when....

MS is when you can count receiving at hour long steroid IV, after hours of indescribable pain from muscle spams, as a blessing. But it's not just a pity post'

I am grateful for: the ems team who came out at about 8:00 last night to haul me up off the floor and into bed, a different team who came at about 10:00 to take me to the hospital when the pain just kept getting worse, despite 2 different muscle relaxants and a pain pill, my husband who deals with this wretched disease as much as I do, just in a different way, my son, who came out around 11:00 last night to be there for his daddy and for me, my daughter, who I know would have been there too, but is 5 hours away, starting a new job ( that's another blessing! ), the overworked, under appreciated emergency staff, even my little puppy, Pippa.

Who knew I did NOT belong in the floor, and obviously wanted to do something about it! Trouble was, she didn't know what, so she sort of exploded, running at top speed around and around me, somersaulting over my head, dashing down the hall to make sure O.V. knew I needed help, back to me to bark at me and tell me she had barked at "Daddy", and start her show all over again. Before anyone says or just thinks it, she was not playing, she was frantic, she absolutely knew something was wrong. Wow, looking back over this looooong post, how blessed I really am so this post is really another blessing!

Comment

Originally posted by PattiHNC View Post
                          MS is when you can count receiving at hour long steroid IV, after hours of indescribable pain from muscle spams, as a blessing. But it's not just a pity post'

I am grateful for: the ems team who came out at about 8:00 last night to haul me up off the floor and into bed, a different team who came at about 10:00 to take me to the hospital when the pain just kept getting worse, despite 2 different muscle relaxants and a pain pill, my husband who deals with this wretched disease as much as I do, just in a different way, my son, who came out around 11:00 last night to be there for his daddy and for me, my daughter, who I know would have been there too, but is 5 hours away, starting a new job ( that's another blessing! ), the overworked, under appreciated emergency staff, even my little puppy, Pippa.

Who knew I did NOT belong in the floor, and obviously wanted to do something about it! Trouble was, she didn't know what, so she sort of exploded, running at top speed around and around me, somersaulting over my head, dashing down the hall to make sure O.V. knew I needed help, back to me to bark at me and tell me she had barked at "Daddy", and start her show all over again. Before anyone says or just thinks it, she was not playing, she was frantic, she absolutely knew something was wrong. Wow, looking back over this looooong post, how blessed I really am so this post is really another blessing!
                          Thank you for sharing!

Although I do feel bad about your pain and your fall, your post is very engaging to read.

Your willingness to continue to have gratitude is inspiring also.

Take care
                          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by PattiHNC View Post
                            ... my little puppy, Pippa.

Yes, aren't the animals just great ? Had a dog once that - with no training at all - made sure to let me know when dh (diabetic) was having a low sugar episode.

Glad to see you are doing better today, and thanks for sharing .

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
                              YOU KNOW YOU HAVE M.S. WHEN..
                              When, out of necessity, you must practice "mindfulness" with every step and every movement more intensely than a Buddhist Monk.

(my thoughts as I try to figure out how to clean up the eggs I just dropped on the floor......)
                              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

when you need to take a nap multiple times daily!
                                hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                                volunteer
                                MS World
                                hunterd@msworld.org
                                PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
                                X