Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After lumbar puncture/spinal tap.. questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After lumbar puncture/spinal tap.. questions..

Back with questions. I had spinal tap one week ago today. I felt very good the day of and the day following, however I had a severe headache only when I sat down, two days following. I could stand up without any pain/headaches. I was planning on going to the ER for blood patch but the next day I woke up and felt fine with sitting.
    Fast forward two days ahead.. trouble with sitting on hard surfaces now, such as bleachers or a hard chair due to a headache.
    I called my neuro he didn't give me much direction except for saying that if the headache was severe to go to ED and they would do a blood patch.
    I feel pretty good today, some pressure in the back of my head with sitting. I feel silly going to ER because it is now just a pressure when sitting in hard chairs, I don't know what to do.. any thoughts?
    By the way .. CSF came back negative for obands and IGG is normal.. Now onto the 5th MRI of my head and neck.

Please help.

I had the headache a little later, too. Here is what helped me:

1. Excederin
    2. Lie down (if you can) when it comes on -- it typically went away within 15 min
    3. Take it easy! Rest as much as possible
    4. Drink lots and lots of water; some caffeine helped me, too (the Excederin mostly took care of that)

Good luck, Mine took a solid week, but it sounds like you are already thhere
    Cranial VIth Nerve Palsy (2008, 2014); Partial Myelitis (9/2015); RRMS Dx (11/18/2015); Plegridy (2/2016)

Comment

Working...
    X