Aubagio wash out advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubagio wash out advice

I was on Aubagio 14 mg for 6 week, stopped due to stomach issues.
    Then was on 7 mg for 3 weeks. I've been off it for 2 weeks. I am light headed, huge fatigue, and a cold/pain feeling when I breath deeply. CT showed wind pipe is fine. My neuro wants to wait another week to see if symptoms stop so that I could avoid the wash out med. I am extremely frustrated with him! It's another week off of work and feeling crummy.
    I've had MS for 28 years and chose this neuro because he is at a MS center. I am regretting this.
    Should I just tell my neuro that I am done and want to wash out med?

Carole if you do not advocate for yourself things won't change. I'm sorry that Aubagio didn't work well for you and can only pray the side effects quickly go away. If neurologists had a clue about our hardships things would be quite different for us. They would certainly be more compassionate and our quality of life would mean more than trying to sling the next MS drug towards us. I do believe in MS medications, but also know they come with their own pain points.

I wish you well ...

Comment

I've found the best advocate for me is me.

I have no issues with my Nuero and when I question something I'm vocal about it. Little things like the distance and needing a ride to my appts when he wants to see me when it isn't convenient for me. He is great re: MS info but my personal and/or insurance situation I need to remind him and then he's always willing to work with me.

I recently went from Aubagio to Lemtrada with no washout required so I follow this message board.

Comment

need to get off aubagio

what is the after life of aubagio and do they have a medication to clean it out of my system quicker. I need to go back on tysabri

Comment

Carole7, I got off of Aubagio due to side effects. It seems like it took a couple of weeks for all the side effects to go away. It goes out of your system slowly.

Comment

wash out

Originally posted by Carole7 View Post
            I was on Aubagio 14 mg for 6 week, stopped due to stomach issues.
            Then was on 7 mg for 3 weeks. I've been off it for 2 weeks. I am light headed, huge fatigue, and a cold/pain feeling when I breath deeply. CT showed wind pipe is fine. My neuro wants to wait another week to see if symptoms stop so that I could avoid the wash out med. I am extremely frustrated with him! It's another week off of work and feeling crummy.
            I've had MS for 28 years and chose this neuro because he is at a MS center. I am regretting this.
            Should I just tell my neuro that I am done and want to wash out med?
            I am trying to find a way to tell my neuro after on Aubagio for 2 years I just stopped, 3 months ago...
            I couldn't handle the panic attacks and high blood pressure it caused. I think I am missing the energy I gained from Aubagio though.

I missed my last appointment because I didnt want him disagreeing with me.

Comment

Shewar

I was recently ok Aubagio for 6 months but I had severe diarrhea and had no appetitemy neuro did give me the wash out mess but I had to take a second round. I have been much more fatigued and legs are weaker. He has offered me three choices: Lemtrada, gylena or Tysabri. He says they will treat me with solumedol once until he gets approval from insurance for the med I choose. After researching these melds I am more confused and am having trouble making a decision. My next appointment is Febuary 4th and I feel like I need to ask more questions before committing to treatment. I have Ms for 16 years and have only taken copaxone before the Aubagio. I continued to develop lots of lesions while on Copaxone all in the brain. I have Dawson finger type lesions and have moderate atrophy in the frontal lobe. Has anyone had outcomes on any of these meds?

Comment

Working...
              X