Hi From New England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi From New England

Hi everybody, nice to meet you I'm Sean aka Stumpbucket. Very new to this place and hope I can find a way to learn, contribute and fit in. This is all new to me as I was just recently diagnosed with MS. So far I'm not very thrilled with the new disease. Have many questions and concerns as well as stuff that has preceded this new adventure that may have an impact but not sure what.

I took on Diabetes when I was 27, that started to boar me so I added Buerger's Disease to the list.
    Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans) is a rare disease of the arteries and veins in the arms and legs. In Buerger's disease, your blood vessels become inflamed, swell and can become blocked with blood clots (thrombi). This eventually damages or destroys skin tissues and may lead to infection and gangrene. Buerger's disease usually first shows in the hands and feet and may eventually affect larger areas of your arms and legs. (TY Lifescript for the Def.)

I was told this was from smoking. I should have given up the day I became diabetic but it took a few years. Water under the bridge, so now I am a double BK (Below Knee) amputee with a groovy new hobby, making my own prosthetics. I was sure I would make it to the finish line with the few parts I have left and sail home with out many more hurdles. Then this MS thing comes along. I have only had a few people cross my life that I knew had this. Only one close friend and she and I are only recently connected so I have very little exposure as I am sure most did till their day came.

Several life altering things have come my way. Most of them have had silver linings and long term blessing to boot. I managed to seek and find them, mostly on my own, but this time I decided to seek out others and with any luck speed up the process.

Thanks for taking the time.
    Sean

Welcome to MSWorld Sean (Stumpbucket)! For sure you fit in here, but so sorry to hear you have yet another disease. None of us are thrilled to be in this MS boat, but we try to help and learn from one another.

You seem like a really positive person in spite of all that's happened. I'm sure that being a BK amputee has put you though a lot of life changes and we all could learn much from you. Interesting your take on a new hobby - making your own prosthetics. You certainly have made lemonade out of lemons!

Hope you feel at home here and ask as many questions as needed.
    Take care of yourself
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

You are a wonderful inspiration. We are here to support you and give you lots of information. I only want to encourage you to read our trials and tribulations with a grain of salt. This is a very tough disease but you probably won't get every every disabling symptom that is mentioned on the site.

In the beginning I read through everything that some people are going through. I was sure it would all happen to me. It just made me feel so hopeless I wanted to die.

But I took a brave step and got out of an environment that was miserable and suddenly realise, thanks to my choice of DMT, I'm doing pretty well.

I hope you will research the options for treating your MS. And I hope even more that you find one that will prevent you from having flares. I recommend being aggressive in stopping this thing. Every exacerbation means more damage and disability. You don't need that.

In the meantime welcome!

Comment

Working...
      X