VA disability rating issue & scooter issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA disability rating issue & scooter issue

I had my 6mo MS apt last week. I clearly noted my mobility scooter related issue, and that Mich ranks at the bottom of care & bennies for vets. Result, NON-responsive, is my take??????

I WILL be appealing my 30% rating, soon, B 4 the clock strikes.

Editor hereis beoing too har o dealwith

bye......

Gomer,
    You might sidestep the issue by requesting a physical therapy or prosthetics appointment. Either department can generate a scooter request that even your PCP can approve. You can also try the Patient Advocate at your VA center if no one is responsive.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
      Gomer,
      You might sidestep the issue by requesting a physical therapy or prosthetics appointment. Either department can generate a scooter request that even your PCP can approve. You can also try the Patient Advocate at your VA center if no one is responsive.
      That's how I eventually got the scooter. The problem is a way to haul it.
      PA- Patient Advocates at my VAMC, have been worse than USELESS! My A MS doc has know for years I use a power-chair part-time even to get around at home. That is WHY I brought it up with him.

Who knows maybe the log-jamb will evenually clear?????

Comment

Gomer,

I got the power lift for my scooter from the same department (Occupational therapy) as I got my scooter. They ordered both at the same time.
        Dennis

The soul of a song will lift your spirits.

Comment

Same here salor.

Problem I is NO lift to it my old car. Too old, plus its got over 300k miles.

Apparently VA in MI does not make the one time MS vehicle grant available here for vet?????????????????????????????

Told I was on my own as far as finding a suitable vehicle, NO help, which I can NOT afford.

Comment

Gomer,

I didn't see your other post until I had already made a post here. What kind of car do you have? The power lift I have just requires a class 3 trailor hitch. You can go to UHaul to see if you car can take a 3rd class hitch.
            Dennis

The soul of a song will lift your spirits.

Comment

Working...
            X