MY PROFILE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY PROFILE

well,hello to everyone..i got diagnosed with MS three years ago even though I had the symptoms a year before the diagnosis..i live in pompano beach(FL),I just moved here three weeks ago from fort myers(FL) where I lived for eleven years..as of right now I am unemployed,i got laid off from my work,i used to work for eight years for a pressure washing/home watch/window cleaning company...

I just wanted to say that MS was not the reason that I got laid off,the owner of the company decided to lay off people for economic reasons as he said...as far as I know there is no history of MS in my family so when I got the news from my neurologist I was in disbelief/mad but those feelings did not last the long because I decided to focus in how to deal with the card that I was given rather than wasting my energy in negative thoughts and being anger/bitter about it...

thanks God I have the support of my family here,i have two brothers living in NY and a sister who lives also here in pompano beach(FL) plus I have the support of my ex-wife,well I was married once and I have two children,a boy who is eight years-old and a daughter who is five years-old,they are living in Ohio...obviously that my children don't know that their daddy has MS,well not yet,maybe when they get a little bit older to understand what MS means as a sickness/disease...

given what I know now...i would recommend others to stay active as much as you can,don't let this sickness/disease beat you...don't ever give up try to fight back give,the other thing that I would recommend is to eat properly not the type of food we used to liked and enjoyed so much,i know it is kind of hard to do the transition but we don't have a choice,do we?...

MS has changed my life definetely,my experience in coming to terms with the fact of MS in my life has led me to believe that there are several parts to the immediate and very personal process of acceptance...there are the way which MS does and does not affect daily life,there is a host of emotional issues raised by the disease/sickness,finally there are the ways in which the very fact of the disease/sickness such as MS affects relationships ,these were all involved in my attempt both to come to term with MS and to incorporate the reality of the disease/sickness into my life without letting it dominate my life there is something MS cannot changed or touched and that is my spirit,my mind and my heart...

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hi peruano,

Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to MSWorld! Sorry why you are here, though. I hope you find this place both supportive and informative. There's lots offered, so hope you can spend some time looking around our site.

You sound like a positive person, and glad to hear you have the support of family.

I also wanted to share a resource from the National MS Society, called "Keep S'myelin," that could be very helpful explaining MS to your children: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Res...-Keep-S-myelin. Even when kids aren't told something is wrong, they still eventually sense it. Then, they think the absolute worst.

Best of luck on your journey with MS. I hope it's kind to you.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
    X