New guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy

Hi everyone. My name is Rand. I was officially diagnosed with PPMS in 2008. I would like to hear from anyone about their experiences with Low Dose Naltrexone.

A month ago I was so weak and fatigued I was sure I would be in a wheelchair in a matter of weeks.
    While surfing the net, without hope, I found Naltrexone, researched it, and have been taking it since Aug 31.

After three weeks, and a beer, I walked a block, bought an ice cream and sat for 15 min, then walked four blocks home, with a one min rest after three blocks. And the next day I wasn’t sore or stiff from the exercise.

Since then, I have the occasional mild forehead fever, still get stiff muscles, but they’re stronger. I have been having trouble sleeping, but that may be because of my environment (two teenage sons). I can now work physically for a couple of hours a day, now and again, which I haven’t done for a couple of months.

The regime I’m following now includes;
    Modafinel – Two in the morning (down from three, started six months ago)
    Famphyra – Two a day, 12 hours apart, for walking and balance
    MM and ibuprofen for pain
    Naltrexone – 3 ml, an hour or two before bed
    60 gm whey protein isolate with 5 gm L-leucine an hour before bed
    5 gm L-leucine in the morning
    I also use an electrical muscle stimulator (EMS), about the size of a transistor radio, most days, to exercise different muscles.

I began physiotherapy three years ago, once every two weeks, last year, once a week, and now twice a week for massage and adjustments.
    Anecdotal evidence suggests progression could stop for some people, and if that happens and this is as good as it gets, I’d be fine with that. But if not, I’m better now than I was and I’ll enjoy what I can, when I can.

In the meantime, please respond with your thoughts about LDN.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hi Rand and welcome to MSWorld!

I have absolutely no experience with LDN, but if it's helping that's great!

Below is a link to a "sticky" that has a lot of information about LDN:
    http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...DN-Information
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X