Going back to Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dastardly View Post
    Hi Guys Im currently JC- and have had 8 infusions @ 4 week intervals, don't know what I would do being JC+ keeping my fingers crossed, I haven't felt any different on TY as if its not working at all but my last MRI came back with positive results lesion in brain "slightly" decreasing in size even though my symptoms seem to be getting worse and Im still waiting for a miracle from the TY good luck everyone Craig
    Hi Dastardly/Craig,

Ty is designed to prevent disability progression by slowing/stopping new lesions and relapses. So if no new lesions, that is a positive. Unfortunately, progression based on old lesion damage can occur. Some folks are fortunate to have improvement while on Ty, but not all.

I have had some progression, but no new activity. I take that as a win. I hate to think where I might be without Ty.

You should discuss with your neuro on expectations and what he/she defined as success in Ty. And for progression that is occurring, can any physical therapy help? I have been working on both leg strength and vestibular therapy for eye/head movements, all of which can affect balance.

Good luck.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I looked up the Ty infusions now being done 6-8 weeks and found this (not all the info I wanted, but it was helpful). Thought I would share, and hope others can post more links as I am getting ready to agree to restarting Ty after a 5 yr break. I also am JCV+

The web site is run by the Virginia Mason MS Clinic
      http://www.healthcarejourney.com/q--...en-for-tysabri
      Peace to all,
      LM
      RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Comment

NO TY

Wont be going back on Tysabri. Can't due to JCV issue. Going on Copaxone 20mg
        Peace to all,
        LM
        RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Comment

Working...
        X