Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr Appt Tomorrow, Going to suggest that they run tests.... Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Appt Tomorrow, Going to suggest that they run tests.... Thoughts?

From about age 19 or 20, Ive struggled with certain things that have only gotten worse as Ive gotten older. About 3 years ago, I had some blood work done which discovered that my ANA was borderline high (not enough to work the GP) and my thyroid hormone was off the charts (normal is 78 I believe, and mine was in the quadruple digits.) I was referred to a rheumatologist who insisted that it was Fibromyalgia and put me on gabapentin and cymbalta (neither worked for the pain.) 7 years later and ive developed more odd symptoms that I just dont understand:
    • at 27 years old. I get this tightening in my chest that feels like ive wearing a really tight girdle or a snake is squeezing me. I can breathe but normal or deep breaths hurt like none other and often times I cant move without being in excruciating pain (this actually started around age 19).
    • My head is so foggy that I feel like im in a dream most days. Conversations are exhausting and difficult and sometimes I just give up.
    • Burning eyes (feels like someone left gas on or something.)
    • ringing in ears
    • stabbing pain from top of head to chin that feels like im being stabbed, it literally brings me to my knees.
    • tingling/slight numbness in my left arm
    • tingling/slight pain in left leg
    • all over sense of jittery that comes and goes
    • exhaustion and increased brain fog when in heat
    • constipation for 3-4 days or diahrrea but no normal BMs
    • incredibly tired most days, 1 or 2 days a month of a ton of energy
    • hot spots in lower back

So much more but thats a start. I was going to suggest to my Dr that he maybe check for MS but, tomorrow is my first time meeting him and I certainly don't want to make him think im a hypochondriac. Should I suggest? I'm definitely going to tell him about the tightness in chest, its too uncomfortable not to and the brain fog

You didn't say what type of a doctor that you are going to see tomorrow. Is it your family doctor or a neurologist?

I would suggest that you not only mention the tightness in your chest, but all of the symptoms that you described here. The more info that you can give to a doctor the better.

There potentially can be several tests that the doctor may suggest. These may include bloodwork to rule out other auto-immune diseases, an MRI and other neurological tests. MS is a clinical diagnosis, you have to rule out everything else as there are many different reasons that you could be experiencing these symptoms.

Your doctor will be able to evaluate what you describe and decide what is the best route to take.

I hope that you can find out quickly what is causing all of this. The symptoms, no matter what is causing them, certainly are no fun.

good luck with the appointment and let us know how it goes

Comment

Thanks for your reply! Im going to see a family dr. I figured I would do that before I went to see a neuro. I will definitely mention everything and see what they say.

Originally posted by KitOP View Post
      You didn't say what type of a doctor that you are going to see tomorrow. Is it your family doctor or a neurologist?

I would suggest that you not only mention the tightness in your chest, but all of the symptoms that you described here. The more info that you can give to a doctor the better.

There potentially can be several tests that the doctor may suggest. These may include bloodwork to rule out other auto-immune diseases, an MRI and other neurological tests. MS is a clinical diagnosis, you have to rule out everything else as there are many different reasons that you could be experiencing these symptoms.

Your doctor will be able to evaluate what you describe and decide what is the best route to take.

I hope that you can find out quickly what is causing all of this. The symptoms, no matter what is causing them, certainly are no fun.

good luck with the appointment and let us know how it goes

Comment

Working...
      X