Does Primidone cause delerium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Primidone cause delerium?

As some of you have read, I was in the hospital recently with a UTI and delerium. My neuro thinks the Primidone caused it. I have terrible tremors and that medication has done wonders for relieving them.

Does anyone have any experience with Primidone? I urgently need to know because it's about to be on the chopping block.

For Moderators: I already posted this on the medications board but I've had no responses. Here, more people view he posts so I'm trying here.

UTIs can cause delirium.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

I had a UTI so it wasn't the Primidone. Just wanted to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
        I had a UTI so it wasn't the Primidone. Just wanted to make sure.
        Unfortunately nothing is that cut and dry and many medications can cause delirium. My thought would be treat the UTI and if the patient clears theres your answer.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Working...
        X