Catherize but I can'feel anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catherize but I can'feel anymore

Is there anything that I can do if I'm having a hard time Cathing and now I am having a hard time feeling where to put the catheter. Is there anything I can do besides wear a bag I really do not want to I have a neurogenic bladder

I'm sorry. You could try doing it visually again with one of those hands free self cathing mirrors.

Best of luck
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

That must really be tough. How long have you been cathing? Maybe you can find a trick to guide the catheter to the right place.

I don't have much sensation either. But I keep sticking until I get it, provided it doesnt compromise the sterility. A trick is to move towards the opening of the vagina, then I angle it towards the front. Mine is off to the right. Everyone is different.

I hope you can be successful. Having to carry around one of those bags is no fun. One of the worst parts about having a neurogenic bladder and the loss of sensation, is that I can't tell,when I have a UTI.

Comment

Hi jnet,

How long have you been cathing? I had on/off UTIs over the last year and was finally dx with bladder retention. Long story short I opted to have a sacral stimulator placed to help my bladder empty. In my case it work and I don't have to cath unless I feel it necessary. I don't know you situation but would it be worth speaking with a uro gyne?

Comment

Working...
        X