Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vyvanse anyone??

Hello all,

I was just prescribed 20mg Vyvanse today after speaking to my doctor about fatigue and sleepiness. I was interested in Nuvigil, but my doctor didn't support that route. But, I have never heard of Vyvanse and am not a fan of it being a amphetamine:/

Has anyone used this drug for fatigue and how did you tolerate it? Any dependency or withdrawl issues?

Thanks!

Hi emrf2b,

Vyvanse is one of the many medications used to treat A.D.D. The A.D.D. medications are used "off label" to try and treat MS fatigue. The other medications used off label to try and treat MS fatigue is Amantadine (an anti-viral medication), Provigil and Nuvigil.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by emrf2b View Post
      Hello all,

I was just prescribed 20mg Vyvanse today after speaking to my doctor about fatigue and sleepiness. I was interested in Nuvigil, but my doctor didn't support that route. But, I have never heard of Vyvanse and am not a fan of it being a amphetamine:/

Has anyone used this drug for fatigue and how did you tolerate it? Any dependency or withdrawl issues?

Thanks!
      Sorry to say i havent used this medication but at one time my nuerologist wanted me to try modafinil but i really didnt want to try it and besides i figured i had too many other meds. i was taking and i didnt want to add another one. Maybe you can ask your doctor about that one if you dont want to try the other. Just a thought.

Comment

I haven't tried it, but have used Nuvigil, Provigil, and one of the ADD drugs (brain cramp, can't remember the name but starts with an A). Nuvigil and Provigil made me giddy for about 2 days, then didn't really do much for fatigue. I have had the best luck with caffeine and occasionally Phentermine. It helps with weight loss also, which is a plus for me!
        Brenda
        Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

4boysmom
          I haven't tried it, but have used Nuvigil, Provigil, and one of the ADD drugs (brain cramp, can't remember the name but starts with an A).
          Adderall?

I have tried Vyvanse, Adderall, Strattera, Focalin, and Provigil. I have the same reaction with all of them...they increase my fatigue

Any dependency or withdrawl issues?
          All Stimulants carry the same warnings and side effects as Vyvanse:
          https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/...s/a607047.html

The only way you will know if Vyvanse will improve your fatigue is to try it. You may or may not experience side effects as each person reacts differently to medications.

With Stimulants your Dr. cannot give refills on a prescription nor can he call in refills. Because Stimulants are a controlled Drug you will need a new written prescription each month.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info! I decided to give it a go, and it has really helped (for two days anyway). I'm not nearly as zombie-like and I can concentrate again. I had some initial light headedness, but that's one of the only side effects. I can tell I'm going to lose weight, because my appetite is mostly gone, but I can still eat without nausea.

I don't mind picking up the script and med monthly. If something helps, I'll do almost anything I can't do any of the non RX things like caffeine because they make me sleepy:/ So strange the way that works... anyway, thanks again!

Comment

Glad to hear Vyvanse is helping.

Hoping Vyvanse continues to help and hoping side effects stay at a tolerable level.

Take care!
              Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Working...
              X