Hey, new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, new here

I'm new to this site, but not really MS and certainly not to support forums or chats. More on that in a second. Thing to expect is that I'll be around for a while before seeing a squirrel and disappearing or something. *shrug*

Okay, about me. I've been diagnosed with MS for about a year, but I've been dealing with it for more like a decade. It finally got to where I couldn't walk well before I went back to the neurologist and had a second MRI, which when compared to the one from a decade ago finally made a pretty clear case for MS.

The MS diagnosis introduced me to a bunch of new meds, such as Avonex and Ampyra and a whole pile of vitamins to go with them.

Oh, and the acronyms. RRMS, DMT (not what I was thinking it was) and such. This has been a whole pile of fun.

I already knew a few medications and acronyms as I'm also schizophrenic or something depending on the doc. That was established about a dozen years ago, and I've finally found a good cocktail to keep that to a minimal effect... if only they could do the same with MS.

As I was saying, I'm no stranger to support sites, or medication for that matter. My desk here looks like a pharmacy.

Anyway, hey, I'm new here, and that's my quick story.

Hi headrift, and welcome .

Yeah MS does kinda force us back into the education mode (new meds. new vits., new everything) and I can completely relate to the desk full of medicine bottles . I have had to develop a system to ensure that I take everything as prescribed, but the "as needed" stuff throws me off. As in 'did I need it earlier, and what time did I take it' ...

Hopefully you return home after chasing the squirrels - we tend to miss people when they disappear .

Comment

HI headrift and welcome! We're glad you found us. I think we are the best online support group in the MS world, but that's JMHO

Thanks for sharing your story and hope to hear more from you. I also had MS symptoms for a decade before I got my diagnose. Not fun.

Make yourself at home here, go exploring here beyond the message boards - chat room, creative center, wellness center - all places to contribute!

Stay well!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

New here too

Originally posted by headrift View Post
        I'm new to this site, but not really MS and certainly not to support forums or chats. More on that in a second. Thing to expect is that I'll be around for a while before seeing a squirrel and disappearing or something. *shrug*

Okay, about me. I've been diagnosed with MS for about a year, but I've been dealing with it for more like a decade. It finally got to where I couldn't walk well before I went back to the neurologist and had a second MRI, which when compared to the one from a decade ago finally made a pretty clear case for MS.

The MS diagnosis introduced me to a bunch of new meds, such as Avonex and Ampyra and a whole pile of vitamins to go with them.

Oh, and the acronyms. RRMS, DMT (not what I was thinking it was) and such. This has been a whole pile of fun.

I already knew a few medications and acronyms as I'm also schizophrenic or something depending on the doc. That was established about a dozen years ago, and I've finally found a good cocktail to keep that to a minimal effect... if only they could do the same with MS.

As I was saying, I'm no stranger to support sites, or medication for that matter. My desk here looks like a pharmacy.

Anyway, hey, I'm new here, and that's my quick story.
        Hi headrift,

. My job as I see it is to interact with as many people as possible and you are one of them. Please read my biography, anyone who is reading this. I would love to chat but haven't figured out how to do that here. Please leave a message if you are in the mood for conversation / email etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MSConnecter View Post
          My job as I see it is to interact with as many people as possible and you are one of them. Please read my biography, anyone who is reading this. I would love to chat but haven't figured out how to do that here. Please leave a message if you are in the mood for conversation / email etc.
          Hi MSConnector and welcome to you too! The private messaging is not enabled on MSWorld, but you're very welcome to introduce yourself and post questions and reply to posts for all to see And per our guideline #2, posting your email address is not allowed. This can be placed in your profile if you so wish.

We do have chat times here. When you log on, you will see above your name the options for chat or the message boards. Chat is open 24/7 although there will be times when no one is there. Most evenings at 8pm EST there are special subjects discussed and fun for all!
          Again, welcome!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

*SQUIRREL!*

Are you back yet?

Comment

Yeah, I'm still around. Chatting more than posting. *shrug*

Comment

I don't chat. I'm no typist and people either get tired of waiting or think I've left.
                But Hey! I saw, I think in your Profile (?) that you are a musician? Have you put any vids in the Creative Center?

Maybe I should've looked first, CAN we put video's in the Creative Center? I guess my squirrel got me on that one.

I hope you know my squirrel comments are NOT in response to you or your issues, I'm a (almost) 55 year old mom that is "youthful" in several ways so when my ADULT kids yell "squirrel" it's a family joke directed my way, which seems has been directed at you too.

I'm wondering, did you personally embrace the squirrel or was it thrown at you by a dumba** that hasn't a clue?

Glad to see you still here though, even if I don't go to chat.

Comment

Squirrels need no... what, a comment to this thread? On minute...

Yeah, looks like Creative Center takes videos. Haven't put a track up there in music, at least not yet. I haven't written in a while, and I have no ideas for MS-centric tracks.

I do have a few

...oh yeah, squirrels. I lost what I was going to say.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**

Comment

Welcome

Originally posted by MSConnecter View Post
                    Hi headrift,

. My job as I see it is to interact with as many people as possible and you are one of them. Please read my biography, anyone who is reading this. I would love to chat but haven't figured out how to do that here. Please leave a message if you are in the mood for conversation / email etc.
                    Hey. I would love to chat. Check out my "about me," for my email address and contact me.
                    Be Well. Shalom,Suzanne
                    You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X