Flu Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu Shot

Hi Everyone! Should we get a flu shot even though we are on Tysabri. I was going to just go do it like I always do now I have heard some negatives because of the Tysabri. If anything to me it seems like it would be even more important to get the flu shot since our immune responses are not as good now.
    What do you all think?
    PEACE
    Tortis

Hi Tortis,

Yes, get your flu shot. The inactivated flu shot is still considered safe if you are on Tysabri. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Liv...s/Vaccinations
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I actually asked the nurse when I went for my first infusion on Friday and she said that they recommend to wait two weeks after the infusion to get one....but to ask my dr (which I have not done yet)
      dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

I got my flu shot last Wednesday. So far doing ok. (I'm on tysabri also).
        RRMS Dx: 3/23/15
        (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)
        Started Tysabri 5/22/15: (Infusions: 5/22/15, 6/18/15, 7/16/15)

Comment

Thanks

Hi everyone thanks for the responses. I will get one this week.

PEACE
          Tortis

Comment

Just to put in my 2 cents
            I have been on Tysabri for 9 years and have gotten my flu shot every year. I haven't yet this year, but I will !
            Linda

Comment

I'm going to see the Dr. on Oct 5th. I'll inquire about it. I've never had a flu shot-- never had a reason to get one... Oh, but now all that has changed. I would like to get one now that I know its safe to get one. I don't need no flu...

Comment

Working...
              X