Exhaust smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust smell

Hello, I'm new to all of this just not the symptoms and miss diagnoses I have yet to have a diagnosis at 55. My neuro is getting the last of the testing done. Brain Mri shows many lesions, lumbar puncture shows proteins high, having an mri on my neck and upper back in a few weeks and had the 3 different electric brain response tests done today.

That brings me to the smell. Had to drive two hrs for the testing, no problem. On the way home I kept smelling exhaust fumes. I assumed it was the large garbage truck in front of us until my sister said she didn't smell it and reminded me that a year and a half ago I had the same thing happen that lasted for about a month. I was living in another state and it drove me crazy. It made it difficult to catch a breath.

Does anyone else have this and could it be possible tha the test triggered it? I'm just went through an episode of stabbing pain in my head and face. The face I've had but not the head. Horrible electric shocks keeping me from falling to sleep, cramping in my right foot and calf, bee sting feelings in my legs,and on and on. I get out of bed just to go lay on the couch. Sorry there is so much as you know so I'll just leave it at the suffocating smell. Can anyone relate?

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hi KarenAboutcha,

Welcome to MSWorld! Sorry about the reason you are here, though. I haven't experienced that smell, but others have: http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...making-me-SICK! Don't know if the tests themselves triggered this symptom, but know stress can be a trigger, and wouldn't be surprised if your day didn't include at least some stress.

Sorry to hear about your other symptoms, too. It all sounds familiar and must be overwhelming. Good luck with the neck MRI and hope with all these tests your doctor figures out what's wrong. Please keep us posted.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

HI KAREN, WELCOME TO mswORLD!!! I have never experienced this problem, but I do know others have. Besides the one thred that Kimba gave you, you can go and do a search for more. If you would like. I am sorry about the extra punctuation, I am using Dragon software and sometimes it adds punctuation on its own. Just wanted to say hi. Is all.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for responding,
        I have posted on other sights but no one has ever responded. I think I found home.
        I will let you know how the story ends and yet begins when I see my neuro at the end of the month. He will have the results for me then. I will check out that info Kimba, right after I'm done typing this.
        Thank you both again for your responce. I finally have some one to talk to who understands. I have had 3 cousins who were diagnosed, one committed suicide, one is contemplating and the other I don't know what's has been going on with. That would be two men and two women. I guess that's 50 to 50 chance in my family.
        Just to let you know I am not at that state of mind. It does upset me that so many doctors over the years have suggested I seek psychiatric help just because that can't figure it out. In all these years I have never had any of the testing done that they are doing now. Even when I asked to be tested for MS, I was always told that I don't have it.
        Thank you both again
        Your kindness means a lot to me.
        Karen Aboutcha

Comment

Working...
        X