Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gabapentin side effects

Hi!
    Just wondering if any of you have tried Gabapentin for pain and noticed major side effects in your mood? My husband has said that he's noticed a major change in my demenor since I've started them. He said that ive become angrier and snappier. I'm just not sure if its a side effect or just me. Any feedback is appreciated!
    Thank you all!!

I took it for a few years and was lucky enough to not have any side effects. When I was crabby, I was just crabby!
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I've taken Gabapentin for a number of years and is actually one of the meds that I have tolerated well.

It just so happens that I just got a refill so I looked up listed side effects. Under the category of "Tell your doctor right away if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur". Listed among those is sudden changes in your mood.

So I would suggest that you call your doctor and see what they have to say. Good luck.

Comment

No perceivable side effects

I've been on Gabapentin for about 8 months for headache, and I can't tell any side effects. But then, I realize 8 months isn't all that long. Anyway, just thought I'd put in my two cents.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

RRMS, dx May 2013, on Gilenya from May '13 - Aug. 14
        Currently following Dr. Jelinek's OMS (Overcoming MS) plan

Comment

I took gabapentin for years and I never had any side effects but you can find some here http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...-me-feel-drunk
          If you still want to read more about it you can enter the word gabapentin in the search that is located in the upper right of your page
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi!

I have been on it for years. I'm on high doses. The only things I feel is a bit loopy. I don't drive when I take it. It's been a good drug for me.

My best,
            Diamond

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Working...
            X