mostlyrd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mostlyrd

Hi, I was diagnosed with MS on June 29th 2015. I am 54 years old. I was put on Copaxone, after a week or so on it, I had a severe allergic reaction in the middle of the night. I woke up with chills and uncontrollable shaking and then developed a very high temperature proceeded by throwing up. Tylenol finally broke the fever and the next day I felt so tired as if I was recovering from the flu. I have mild symptoms now and was diagnosed with the benign MS but I have to get a brain MRI every six months. I am not on any medication and I'm concerned about it. I don't understand having benign MS when I have symptoms.

Hi Mostlyrd,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure people will come along and reply (I took Betaseron for 8 years but haven't been on it for several years now.)

You may get more information on medications if you click on this link. It will take you to the Medication forum on this site. Lots of info on there about meds, who takes what, and the pros and cons.

http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...amp-Treatments

You might also like to use the search box at the top of the page and search "benign MS." I think you'll find many threads on that as well. Here's one to get you started.

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...-Mild-MS/page3

Sorry I don't have much of an answer, but I know you'll find that information from others.

Comment

WELCOME TO MSWORLD MOSTLYRD!!!! I am glad that you found this site! We have wonderful members who will help out when they can. As already has been mentioned, please do a search to find the information you are looking for. We also have a fantastic chat schedule, you can find it here; http://www.msworld.org/community/cha...hat-room-info/
      we look forward to seeing more of you around. Please take time and look around at everything we have to offer. Good luck to you
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Welcome to the boards. You shouldn't be surprised that you don't 'understand' this disease or the crazy symptoms. The neurologists don't fully understand it , either.
        Many times, there is nothing to do but wait it out and treat the symptoms. The drug treatments for this disease are almost useless,IMO! Many times it is like 'closing the barn door after the horse is out' ! Good luck with your 'benign' MS ! I hope that you never experience any progression.

Comment

Hello and welcome to MSWorld Mostlyrd. I'm sorry to learn you've joined our club, but at least you are in good company here.

I just wanted to chime in because of your uncontrollable shaking/fever experience after your first week on Copaxone, because that happened to me as well. It kicked in almost exactly 3 hours after the injections. I found that if I borrowed a trick from the interferon crowd and preceded the injections with a good dose of Advil or Aleve, my temperature wouldn't go as high and I would prevent the whole nasty shaking spells. After a couple weeks like that I wasn't seeing any temperature increase at all so I started decreasing the advil dosage with no further ill effects until after a couple more weeks I no longer needed it. I've been on Copaxone for a year now with no further reactions aside from the usual local swelling & itching; and even that has decreased compared to what I experienced initially.

Anyway, you may choose to continue with no medication or you may choose to try a different option, but just wanted to share my experience in case it would help!
          Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

Working...
          X