New Here........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here........

Hi. I am 54, have spms for 28 yrs, dx'd when I was 26 yrs. old. I am divorced for 4 yrs. now and better off for it.lol I have had every symptom, and currently have weak left arm/hand, spasticity in left leg, cognitive issues, bladder & bowel incontinence. I cannot walk w/out walker and also use scooter. I've been taking Tecfedera for about a year. I never went on any of the shots like Betaseron, etc. I take lots of vitamins/supps. Never had pain b/c of the ms like many do. I guess my weak legs & overactive bladder are my worst symptoms. My b/f helps me a lot doing grocery shopping and taking me to Dr. appts. Oh, and I have a son who is 23. I actually got better when i got pregnant and went into remission for 10 YEARS. And I also, at t he same time, had all 13 of my amalgam fillings drilled out & replaced with white fillings. I started using a walker when my son was 10. That's about it. Glad to be here!

Hi MSgirl2,

Welcome to MSWorld! We're glad you are here, too, but sorry why. Hope you check out all MSWorld has to offer and look forward to seeing you around!
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Hello MSgirl2 and welcome to MSWorld.

I am also 54. I have been diagnosed 30 years (diagnosed at 24). I have never used any of the MS treatments although I did have my lottery number for Betaseron years ago. I started out with bilateral leg symptoms ( weakness, vibration/buzzing, pins/needles), Lhermittes, hand tremors, pain and fatigue.

For a few years I have been using Trekking Poles for mobility aids but they are not used all the time, usually when I will be walking a lot.

I have 2 children, my son is 25, my daughter is 23.

Glad to meet you!
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld. This is a great place. I am 35 diagnosed at 26. Did Rebif for almost six years, now Tysabri for about three years. I have not had a relapse since about my second Tysabri infusion. I am also a new father. Had a baby girl on June 16, 2015. That was the best Father's Day Present you could ask for.

Comment

Working...
        X