JCV titer # changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCV titer # changes

I've read that your jcv titer # can fluctuate, but that it usually stays within the same range (negative or positive). My question is WHY does it do this?? Does anyone know? I couldn't find an explanation online & I'm very curious.
    MS dx's 2000
    Tysabrian

¤ fate is not just who's cooking smells good, but which way the wind blows ¤

JCV titre

Hi AllHailye2

The JC virus title number is very perplexing to me also. I do not understand why there is the fluctuation either. The last explanation that I received somewhat led me to believe that it could be just testing variability....

The thing that I do not get on it is that, I would think that if you were completely negative, you should just be 0.0.

Having a number of .1 to me seems like it indicates that your body/system has had some exposure to the JC virus at some point in time?

I wish that more was known (or shared) concretely about the JC virus. I think that it is not totally understood by the experts either.

I've heard that many think it is related to poor sanitation? I've heard urine in particular? It's strange to me, as urine generally is said to be sterile. It would be nice to know more about the JC virus, and to know that people are trying to investigate it. But I'd rather they come up for a cure or better improvements for MS, so I guess I should not worry too much about it.
    RRMS Dx: 3/23/15
    (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)
    Started Tysabri 5/22/15: (Infusions: 5/22/15, 6/18/15, 7/16/15)

Comment

Teekybird - agreed!
      MS dx's 2000
      Tysabrian

¤ fate is not just who's cooking smells good, but which way the wind blows ¤

Comment

Working...
      X