Finally got my rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my rating

After 10 months the VA finally completed my disability rating. I will be receiving 90% from the VA and I will be retired and placed on the temporary retired list. The TRDL will allow me to be retired with less than 20 years. I am supposed to receive 50% of my base pay. I will be reevaluated within 18 months to increase or decrease the disabilty percentage. I can stay on the temporary list for up to 5 years.

It has been a long road and obviously I did not want my career to come to an end like this, but I am very grateful to be receiving these benefits.
    Diagnosed RRMS April 2014
    Trying to be the best dad I can!

Congratulations sounds like an awful word to say to someone who's been rated disabled, but I think you know where my heart is on this.
    Thank you SO MUCH for the service you've given, now it's your time to receive.
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by Reformed Yankee View Post
      After 10 months the VA finally completed my disability rating. I will be receiving 90% from the VA and I will be retired and placed on the temporary retired list. The TRDL will allow me to be retired with less than 20 years. I am supposed to receive 50% of my base pay. I will be reevaluated within 18 months to increase or decrease the disabilty percentage. I can stay on the temporary list for up to 5 years.

It has been a long road and obviously I did not want my career to come to an end like this, but I am very grateful to be receiving these benefits.
      Unless you plan on working, please apply for Total Disability Individual Unemployability (TDIU). If approved, this will bump your rating up to 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Reformed Yankee View Post

Hi Reformed Yankee

Not understanding why they put you on TDRL. Your condition is total and permanent.

You can be medically retired with less than 20 years.

And 90% right out the door is really good. However, you still want to try for that 100% SC.

10 months is pretty good too. My first one took 18 months.

It seems like everything is lining up nicely for you.
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Katie,

I've got ten conditions for the grand total of 90%. I spoke with a jag lawyer at the recommendation of my PEBLO. The lawyer did not like how several conditions were rated together. He also didn't understand the TDRL. He recommended filing an appeal. After he explained everything I am in agreement with him. 90% is great, and I don't want to seem greedy, but I don't think I could work a full time job. I wish I could, but it would not be fair to the employer.

Thanks for the support everyone.

John
          Diagnosed RRMS April 2014
          Trying to be the best dad I can!

Comment

Working...
          X