Plegridy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plegridy

I was wondering if there are anyone here that is using plegridy. I am to start it soon but was just curious how things are going with the ones that are on it. I have been on Avonex for 11 years and am tired of the intramuscular injections. Interested in hearing about experiences from real people, doctors can say anything that they want, they are not the ones taking the medications.

Hi Onnie and welcome! I moved your thread to the Plegridy sub-forum here under the Medication & Treatments forum. You can read others thoughts and experiences of using it here.

11 years on Avonex is a long time. I hope whatever you decide will work well for you!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Yeah me too. I hope this is a good decision on my part. I have done great with avonex with only two flare ups while taking it. I just hope the results from plegridy is just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Onnie9902 View Post
        I was wondering if there are anyone here that is using plegridy. I am to start it soon but was just curious how things are going with the ones that are on it. I have been on Avonex for 11 years and am tired of the intramuscular injections. Interested in hearing about experiences from real people, doctors can say anything that they want, they are not the ones taking the medications.
        I made the switch from Avonex to Plegridy & am SOOOO happy I did. No more anxiety over shot night, I feel like I have more freedom now only having to take an injection once every 2 weeks. Injections with the pen are super easy. I had some site reactions when I first started but otherwise I am ok. If you have any side effects, it does take your body a little longer to adjust, I assume because you aren't injecting as often. I can't imagine ever going back to Avonex now.
        Diagnosed: May 2012
        Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
        Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

Westgrl

Originally posted by Westgrl View Post
          I made the switch from Avonex to Plegridy & am SOOOO happy I did. No more anxiety over shot night, I feel like I have more freedom now only having to take an injection once every 2 weeks. Injections with the pen are super easy. I had some site reactions when I first started but otherwise I am ok. If you have any side effects, it does take your body a little longer to adjust, I assume because you aren't injecting as often. I can't imagine ever going back to Avonex now.
          Hey I haven't been on here in a while but really would like to talk to someone who has been doing the plegridy shots for a while. I am hoping that if it is possible just email me
          I am to start my first starter shot on Friday October 16th and would like to talk to someone that can tell me their experience with this shot.

**Email address removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**

Comment

I have been taking Plegridy since January and so far have been tolerating it very well. I switched from Rebif. I really like not having to inject 3X a week. I did have flu like symptoms but that has since gone away. My only side effects are large red injection sites and a terrible migraine.

The injections sites don't hurt they just look bad. The headaches took some time for us to figure out how to address them. I now pre medicate with prescription Aleve and then I containe to take it every 12 hours for two days. This seems to be working well.

Since switching I realize how bad I felt every day taking the Rebif and how better I feel now. I had all the same side effects on the Rebif but they never seemed to go away. Now they last about 2 days and then I am good.

Hope we this helps and good luck!
            Wendy

Comment

Working...
            X