MSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSM

Anyone know anything about something called MSM? It's some form of sulfur that's supposed to help with pain, especially arthritis pain. Also supposed to be good for neurological problems.

Just wondering.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my right knee in late May, and after my first shot of cortisone
    into said knee, I decided to see what else was available. The doctor I saw said a knee replacement might be in my future, and I've since read that that type of surgery isn't actually of long term benefit at my age. (63). So......it was off to find other items that might help. I'm on a supplement called Flexijoint 940 that contains Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM. I asked my niece, a newly graduated nurse-practioner about it, and she said, "Yeah, that's good." I recently added MoveFree Ultra that contains hyaluronic acid, the stuff they shot into my knee along with a couple other ingredients. I'm doing a daily exercise routine for knee arthritis I found on YouTube, and I'm also doing swim therapy.

Has this helped? Yeah, I think it has. Somedays are better than others, and I might try different brands when I run out, but I think it's worth a go. All of them appear to be safe and my neurologist seemed to agree that they could help. She also agreed that knee replacement at my age and with MS probably isn't a good idea.

Don't know if I've answered your question, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Comment

I also would like to know the benefits to MSM. I hope someone will be able to answer this question.

Comment

Working...
      X