head pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head pain

My head is in so much pain. It is not a headache! It is severe and painful. My MS doc seems to think it is migraines,gave me medicine for it. Does not help! Anyone else suffer with this and what do you use. I was prescribed rizatriptan 10 mg
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

hope head pain is better

Sorry no one replied until now.

Is there any chance it is eye pain and not head pain? If so, it could be optic neuritis. I had "eye socket" pain with optic neuritis. It felt deep inside my eye socket.

I hope that you have gotten some relief since your original post
    RRMS Dx: 3/23/15
    (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)
    Started Tysabri 5/22/15: (Infusions: 5/22/15, 6/18/15, 7/16/15)

Comment

Headaches

I am currently in one of my headache modes. I have a constant headache, from morning till night. This happens to me every few months, and can last for a week or more. In fact, this is what drove me towards my firs MRI's, which detected "possible demylenization," but was not followed up on.

Does anybody else suffer from persistent headaches? If so, what do you do for them?

The trigger that started this one, was doing a tennis drill, in a hot/ stuffy tennis club. I also get frequent episodes of lightheadedness, while try to play tennis in hot, tennis clubs, or on hot days/humid days outdoors.

Tennis is my passion, and needless to say, this is extremely disconcerting & embarrassing for me, as I sometimes have to stop the match, because I am so lightheaded, and have such a pounding head.

Comment

Hi bethr

Originally posted by bethr View Post
        Does anybody else suffer from persistent headaches? If so, what do you do for them?
        I do have persistent headaches but my are due to my left eye so not much can be done, I have learned to live with it.

The trigger that started this one, was doing a tennis drill, in a hot/ stuffy tennis club. I also get frequent episodes of lightheadedness, while try to play tennis in hot, tennis clubs, or on hot days/humid days outdoors.

Tennis is my passion, and needless to say, this is extremely disconcerting & embarrassing for me, as I sometimes have to stop the match, because I am so lightheaded, and have such a pounding head.
        This points to heat related symptoms such as your headaches, dizziness, lightheaded. It could be MS related (heat intolerance), due to heat stroke/heat exhaustion, or a combination.

Information about MS and heat intolerance from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society:
        http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Liv...t-Temperature-
        Sensitivity

Physical activity and heat can cause heat stroke or heat exhaustion rather quickly. You need to stay well hydrated with something like Gatorade when playing tennis as Electrolytes can be depleted quite quickly, other times water is best. There are cooling devices that you can wear that would be helpful.

You might talk to the tennis clubs you deal with and explain you have Multiple Sclerosis and the effects heat has on you...ask if they could turn the air conditioning down to whatever you feel would be helpful to you and that might be acceptable to the tennis club. When playing outside when hot, you may need to decline or ask if the game can be moved indoors.

Unfortunately, having MS and heat intolerance may require you to make changes, sometimes giving up those things you did before

**Moderator's Note- URL gives message as "not found"**
        Last edited by Seasha; 10-21-2016, 03:30 PM.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hi Guys, mercadies25, I use to get incredible headaches for months at a time, My neuro had me keep a diary on how severe and how often, after that he now gives me "botox" injections around my head and jaw and down neck every 3 months, the result for me was fantastic,

It takes a few days before it starts to work and then headache free for about 11 weeks, I sure know when I'm due for the next round of injections the headaches return,

Recently I had a new flare and the headaches returned with the flare even with the botox

Botox stings when being injected but the little pain is worth it good luck Craig

Comment

Hey dastardly, does insurance cover the Botox injections?

Comment

Hi Guys in Australia it is covered by pharmaceutical benefits scheme (government) I pay a small amount towards costs Craig

Comment

Originally posted by dastardly View Post
                Hi Guys in Australia it is covered by pharmaceutical benefits scheme (government) I pay a small amount towards costs Craig
                Thank you Craig

Comment

Working...
                X