Gilenya and Pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilenya and Pregnancy

I have been on Gilenya for 2 years, it has been a great medication for me. My husband and I are starting to think about a family, I know that I need to be off meds for 2 months before I can start trying, but the idea of no meds has me nervous... I have been flare free for 3 years, knock on wood, and am terrified another flare once I am off.

I have been on birth control for over a decade, so i'm thinking to go off that sooner to give my body a head start on getting back to its regular state and hopefully reduce the time it takes to get pregnant and time off meds. Has anyone taken this approach? Also, has anyone noticed a difference after getting off of "the pill"?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat. I'm very nervous about the rebound relapses reported by patients coming off Gilenya. My neuro hasn't had any problems with other patients coming off to conceive, but those patients were able to tolerate Copaxone treatment as they came off Gilenya. Copaxone made me miserable when I was on it...I only lasted a week. How did things go for you?

Comment

Working...
    X