Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Hug

Hi all,
    u am wondering how many of you experience the "ms hug. " This started happening to me about a month ago. When it 1st happened, I thought it was an ill fitting bra. I quickly snatched the bra off right in the living room! But the tightness didn't subside. In fact, it got much worse. I had no idea what was going on and I freaked out!
    I emailed my neurologist and she suggested I search the NMSS website. We determined I had experienced the MS hug. Since then, it has happened at least 5 more times.
    How does one treat this? I have Norco and flexeril and they help a little, but not enough.

I've had this, but more of a side ache as opposed to a whole hug. It's happened a few times with the worst one lasting a few days. It's been over a year now since it's happened, I never sought drugs for it.

There are others on this forum who suffer more from the hug and will have more specific info for you re: drugs.

Talk with your neuro about it whether your symptoms persist or subside.
    Karen

Comment

Please see: http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...-gt-The-Basics

Comment

Thanks

Karen and Marco, thanks for your replies. I am still getting the hang of navigating this site. I will be sure to see what others are saying about the hug 😊

Comment

Working...
        X