Cannibis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannibis?

Has anyone tried medical marijuana to ease the symptoms of MS? My neuro has mentioned it to me a couple of times but said that she has concerns about brain shrinkage. I work full time so I can't (nor do I want to) walk around stoned. If anyone has personal experience, please enlighten me. 😀

Sorry that you have just joined us but glad that you are reading and contributed this thread. There is a lot on this board that talks about 'weed'. I don't smoke because I don't want to learn about 'vaping' and such. ( But I like the smell of 'coke') lol
    I can't remember where, on this site, the discussion about MMJ is located. It has been discussed here for several years . I guess you will have to do a search. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by KevsLuv View Post
      Has anyone tried medical marijuana to ease the symptoms of MS? My neuro has mentioned it to me a couple of times but said that she has concerns about brain shrinkage. I work full time so I can't (nor do I want to) walk around stoned. If anyone has personal experience, please enlighten me. 😀
      My granddaughter has a bite of edible marijuana before bed to relieve back and leg pain. Nothing else has worked. She doesn't use it before work or before driving.

Comment

Thanks Jerry! I will be sure to search for those discussions.
        Jeanne- that's a good idea. I do tend to have pain at night...I actually have some form of pain at most times of day but I will take any relief I can get!

Comment

Help

the thread that Jerry is talking about is linked below

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...ght=MEDICAL+MJ

There is a nice search section at the top right of the message boards
          God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

A word of caution here:
            Using medibles (MMJ (medical marijuana in foods), takes a long time to work and slow. Be VERY CAREFUL not to overdo it. Since there are no formulas of making cannabis in ingested foods...many have a really bad trip, because they eat all the sweets, etc.

One of my MS symptoms is feeling "high" all the time, even before I discovered marijuana.

Try to google: My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil. A VERY LONG AND INFORMATIVE THREAD FOR GENERAL DISEASE USE.

Good Luck and see you in that thread: http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...ght=MEDICAL+MJ fed

Comment

I haven’t heard about brain shrinking.Im retired so it does help me with some symptoms mostly pain and spasms,it has helped me a lot,but every ones different

Comment

Legal in my state. I hold a MMJ card. My tincture is the lowest dose, so no walking around stoned here. And I work full time in a stressful finance job. My sub lingual tincture is 1 part THC to 20 parts CBD, and there is no 'high'. Alcohol, however, can make you very, very, very tired so I do not drink much. There is also CBD Oil, which has no THC. My pain management dr reviewed my pharma grade CBD Oil by greenroads brand and nodded approvingly.

MMJ helps with anxiety, fractured/fragmented sleep, spasticity, trigeminal neuralgia, nerve pain, itching, headaches......I have to say it was worth ditching Baclofen, Trileptal, Ritalin, Citalopram in favor of MMJ.
                Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Using Recreational MJ for Leg issues

I recently moved to a state where MJ is legal, so decided to try vaping to quiet spasms in my legs that have been keeping me up at night. I tried a variety recommended by the local dispensary. Results: It took two hits to stop the spasms and fall back to sleep the first night I tried it!

On the downside, I felt foggy the next morning. I don't think I will vape again unless the spasms are really bad.

As for shrinking brain: Poor sleep leads to brain atrophy too!

Comment

Originally posted by Mable View Post
                    On the downside, I felt foggy the next morning.
                    A good rule of thumb is to always start with the smallest amount you can process (vape/burn/whatever). If one tiny toke does the trick, why use more?
                    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I agree,it takes a very small amount to take care of my pains

Comment

I have been using cannabis (cbd) at night for peripheral neuropathy - the burning pain that sometimes prevents me from sleeping. I do already take Lyrica for it, but sometimes it doesn't work very well - like when I'm exhausted or stressed. Then the pain becomes a cycle - I can't sleep because of the pain, and the pain get worse because I'm exhausted from lack of sleep.

I found that vaping made me feel quite paranoid, so instead take capsules of dried cannabis that I can buy from a marijuana dispensary. I haven't found any side effects, except being able to sleep at night. And I can't function without that.

Hope this is helpful!
                        Lisa

Comment

MMJ

I have used MMJ for 8 months with good success. It’s legal here.
                          I have kept a log of experiences, which might help you know more about the use of MMJ
                          http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...ana-Today-blog

Comment

Working...
                          X