Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it MS? Anyone suffer similar symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it MS? Anyone suffer similar symptoms?

Hi everyone,

My name is Kelly and I am 22 years old. For the past three years or so I have been having symptoms and continuing to get new symptoms which as an avid self-diagnoser/Google-er can all be early signs of MS. I am not entirely sure which symptoms (if any) are actually related to one another but they are as follows:

-3 years ago I had my first (and hopefully last) ocular migraine

-I developed an odd "spasm" like in my voice, especially when speaking on the phone, pronouncing vowels, etc which I was later diagnosed by an otolaryngologist with a rare disorder called spasmodic dysphonia, which is a voice disorder characterized by involuntary movements or spasms of the muscles of the larynx during speech

-6 months ago I wore high heels for half of the day and was ont feet. When I came home and took them off I noticed my feet were completely numb. This numbness lasted two weeks then went away completely...until 2 months ago when out of nowhere (I purposely stopped wearing heels after the first numbness episode) my feet became numb overnight. Then the next morning woke up and my feet AND legs up to a little above my knee caps were numb. I also noticed around this time at work, even when I was sitting I would get a weird vibration into groin/legs occasionally. Since then it seems like the numbness has either gotten less worse or I have gotten used to it. However, when I walk for more than a few minutes or run I have these tingling and vibrating sensations that can last in my legs for up to an hour.

-5 days ago I developed double vision a few hours after waking up. It is much worse looking over to the right or trying to walk and focus on an object or driving. It also happens when looking ahead of me. The double vision only happens when both eyes are open, I can see fine when closing my one eye and looking out of the other (for both eyes). The duplicate image is not fuzzy, maybe a bit holographic but appears as a clear doubled image. Additionally, I have been told my eyelids seem to move while their closed...not sure if that has anything to do with this.

-"Right frontal and parietal nonenhancing periventricular white matter change, which is nonspecific finding, but with morphology suggesting a demyelinating process" (aka lesions)

-Bladder issues my entire life: recurring UTIs, control issues

I have had 2 MRIs of my brain (both with and without contrast), an MRI of my cervical Spine and thoracic spine (with and without contrast) and apparently nothing too serious stuck out. About a year ago (while my eyes were still fine and in working order) I also took a eye movement test to test for MS or demyelination in my eyes and it was negative, but I feel if I took it now I would fail. I am in the process of finding a neuro optomologost in an attempt to figure out this eye thing. But I am wondering if anyone who has been diagnosed with MS has the same symptoms? Or if someone is in a similar situation as me...more new symptoms but still no diagnosis or clear answer as to the cause of any of this! Seeking advice, thank you!

Hello facetherage and welcome to MSWorld.

I am wondering if anyone who has been diagnosed with MS has the same symptoms?
    What you have described are symptoms that those of us with MS can experience. However, there are other conditions that can cause the same symptoms. There is no symptom(s) unique to MS.
    http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...ns-to-Rule-Out

You said:
    I have had 2 MRIs of my brain (both with and without contrast), an MRI of my cervical Spine and thoracic spine (with and without contrast) and apparently nothing too serious stuck out.
    And:
    "Right frontal and parietal nonenhancing periventricular white matter change, which is nonspecific finding, but with morphology suggesting a demyelinating process"
    How does your Neurologist suggest your MRI shows nothing serious but your MRI had abnormal findings

If I understand what you have written your MRIs were a year ago? If this is true it might be time to see your Neurologist for a follow up to see if MRIs taken now show anything different.

I am in the process of finding a neuro optomologost
    Have you seen an Ophthalmologist about your vision? If you have not seen an Ophthalmologist that is were you should begin. If the Ophthalmologist thinks you need to see a Neuro-Ophthalmologist s/he can refer you to one.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X