Glatopa efficacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glatopa efficacy

Has anyone moved to Glatopa? I am just wondering if there is any difference from how you feel after Glatopa vs. Copaxone 20 mg daily? ( in terms of efficacy, side-effects etc).

Thank you

Given the nature of the disease and how the DMDs work, I would think that it's a bit early to get an idea of the efficacy of a product that was released to the market only three months ago. But I don't take, nor have I ever taken, Copaxone. We can probably expect similar side effects since it's the same active ingredient, Glatiramer Acetate, as the brand name. There may be some differences in side effects depending on what excipients (any other ingredients like preservatives) are in Glatopa's formulation and how they compare with the excipients in Copaxone. But if, for example, a person experiences flushing with Copaxone, I would expect them to have the same reaction to Glatopa, just as the decongestant Sudafed and its generics make my heart race and give me chest pains.

Since I've taken neither Copaxone nor or Glatopa, I will clarify that the reasons I am responding to this post are that I hate to see a post sit for so long without a response, and to say that it will be interesting to see when Glatopa users start to post and what kind of feedback they have to offer.
    Portia

Comment

HAs anyone started using

Glatopa? What does it cost?

Comment

Originally posted by zubarevi View Post
        Has anyone moved to Glatopa? I am just wondering if there is any difference from how you feel after Glatopa vs. Copaxone 20 mg daily? ( in terms of efficacy, side-effects etc).

Thank you
        HI- I am a Kaiser patient and we were automatically switched to Glatopa a month ago. I have not noticed any changes in terms of side-effects. It is too soon to tell about efficacy but in terms of symptoms I have not noticed any change. I am 60, use a cane for walking and have been taking Copaxone for 5+ years. I was diagnosed in 2008. Best, AP

Comment

Working...
        X