it is official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is official

I got all test results back and they were all normal... I earned an official diagnoses today...although what I was told is they do not like to label types as some insurance companies will refuse treatment to some... so I was told they are treating me as if I had relapsing remitting... not sure how I should have taken that... anyways they will be sending out a Nurse to teach me and my Hubby how to inject me. It is a preloaded thing... but I am not so sure about being able to push that button. Still not sure what to feel at this point... but I am in such it up buttercup mode right now...

Hi bamabel - So you are finally out of the tunnel of wondering!! I remember when I got the final dx, and as weird as it sounds, I was somewhat relieved.

What med are they putting you on? The nurse will be of great help to you as you get started. Mine let me practice on an orange! I was still apprehensive, so my dh did the shots for me for a few weeks. After that, I was fine.

I hope it goes smoothly for you and come back to ask questions once you get started.
    Good luck
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Bamabel, welcome to the club none of us wanted to be part of. I am truly sorry that this has happened to you. I am only about 3 months ahead of you in diagnosis and I can tell you that whatever you are feeling today, tomorrow or months from now - be it sorrow, anger, self-pity, hope - all of that is totally normal. Let yourself feel your feelings and grieve. I am on Copaxone 3x a week, and I can tell you that injecting is no big deal. You totally get used to it. ((((HUGS)))), I know how much this stinks.
      Diagnosed RRMS 4/7/15, symptoms for 8 months prior. Copaxone 4/27/15

Comment

betaseron

I believe ...if I remember correctly I will be on betaseron... and will self inject a preloaded thing every other day... I followed her until she mentioned self injecting... then I was stuck and heard nothing else... she did tell me "oh it is so cute..." I asked is it pink? Pink is cute...LOL

Comment

So sorry bamabel that you are coping with this new diagnosis. I'm on betaseron (extavia) also. You do get used to the injections. I found it easier to do manual injection rather than the self injector. Might be helpful to learn both methods. I believe insurance companies may not cover for these meds unless you have a RRMS diagnosis. I think I have read in other posts that some doctors keep that diagnosis even if you may fall into a different category so you can get these meds. If there's any chance they could help, it's worth taking them.
          Take care. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Comment

Working...
          X