New to Plegridy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Plegridy

I just want to make a case for Plegridy. I was on Avonex for 3 yrs., then Rebif for 11+ years.
    My first Plegridy shot was 2 weeks ago tomorrow. The side-effects were as expected, very similar to Rebif, which happened the next day. I did notice that the flu-like symptoms were a little worse, however. They lasted a little more than 24 hrs. The injection site reaction was in full bloom 5-6 days later at which time I used Benadryl cream to relieve minor itching. Almost 2 weeks later, the site is still a bit red and large!

I switched because my body has only a few places in which to inject left due to being thin and too many sore and discolored areas, etc. Are there others who switched for similar reasons?

Thanks!

Claudia

I also switched for pretty much the same reasons. I have been on Plegridy since January and I do think the injection site reaction has significantly decreased. I had the same issue with the redness, itching etc and I noticed that it does not seem as bad.

Now ow if I can just figure out how to prevent the headaches I get from it.
    Wendy

Comment

Injection site reactions

I started taking Plegridy in March of 2015, and the injection site reactions are pretty bad. Red blotches, swelling, hot spots, and pain. It occurred to me they were similar to histamine reactions from a bug bites, or poison ivy. So I decided to try taking an antihistamine prior to injections, and it worked beautifully. The last three shots I took a Zyrtec 2 hours before injecting, and I experienced no site reactions at all. (yea!) If you don't take antihistamines, check with your pharmacist or doctor if you have any questions.

Also, my nurse suggested warming the shot to body temperature instead of just room temperature, so now I hold the shot under my arm for 5-10 mins before injections.

Hope this help some other people! Best wishes.

Comment

Need advice on Plegridy

I'm not sure I'm replying correctly to this but I hope you receive, I am thin and small and saw your post, are you still doing OK with Plegridy or did you go back to Rebif, which was one of the drugs I was considering. My first Plegridy shot is this week and I'm stressed out by everyone comments on the horrible side effects

Originally posted by teacher4life View Post
        I just want to make a case for Plegridy. I was on Avonex for 3 yrs., then Rebif for 11+ years.
        My first Plegridy shot was 2 weeks ago tomorrow. The side-effects were as expected, very similar to Rebif, which happened the next day. I did notice that the flu-like symptoms were a little worse, however. They lasted a little more than 24 hrs. The injection site reaction was in full bloom 5-6 days later at which time I used Benadryl cream to relieve minor itching. Almost 2 weeks later, the site is still a bit red and large!

I switched because my body has only a few places in which to inject left due to being thin and too many sore and discolored areas, etc. Are there others who switched for similar reasons?

Thanks!

Claudia

Comment

Working...
        X