No announcement yet.

I'm debating between MS and Anxiety, possibly Auto-immune. Symptoms and Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm debating between MS and Anxiety, possibly Auto-immune. Symptoms and Results

My age 21, birthday yesterday lmao...
    Sex: male
    Symptoms:
    cough
    mucus
    chest pain/palpitations
    phlegm - clear
    leg weakness
    back pain - throughout cervical, thoracic, and lumbar regions
    muscle tenseness in neck
    vertigo - work
    dizzy spells - work
    lightheartedness - worse at work
    fatigue / drowsy - debilitating
    diarrhea / tar
    nausea / abdominal pain - mainly work
    gas
    hot and cold flashes - mainly work
    twitching
    hearing loss
    skin's ability to determine hot or cold on left side diminishing
    on/off left eye pain and blurriness
    numbness and tingling, primarily on left side of body / face
    crawling sensations on back of head to top of head, or rain hitting head.

My brain MRI came back spectacular, however my cervical spine came back with mild to moderate wear and tear related scar tissue. I'm only 21 yet my doctor, who's major base of patients is 50+ says this is incredibly normal for my age. I would like everyone's opinion on this, as I'm thinking about getting another opinion and also getting a thoracic MRI done.

I've been working the last 4 months as a stocker at wal-mart. They don't turn the air conditioner on during third shift so it can get to the high 90's in the store with ease, this may tie into the work related symptoms.

Also to point out, I've been tested for anxiety and the therapist says I show no mental signs of anxiety disorder, only physical, and therefore couldn't logically give me a diagnosis of anxiety.

Thank you.

I think you should seek another opinion. Truth is..I don't think that you have MS.
    I don't even think that you have anything auto-immune related. But, I am not a doctor, so you shouldn't rely on my statements as being any kind of diagnosis!
    I believe that you are experiencing something. It may be lifestyle, work stress or disease related. Did you get a CBC? Did you have your vitamin D and B-12 tested? These are easy blood tests to do and extremely important! So many Americans are deficient of vitamin D, it's nearly an epidemic. And don't forget to be tested for Lyme disease. Get the tests ! Don't say MS until you've ruled out a lot of other stuff ! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
      I think you should seek another opinion. Truth is..I don't think that you have MS.
      I don't even think that you have anything auto-immune related. But, I am not a doctor, so you shouldn't rely on my statements as being any kind of diagnosis!
      I believe that you are experiencing something. It may be lifestyle, work stress or disease related. Did you get a CBC? Did you have your vitamin D and B-12 tested? These are easy blood tests to do and extremely important! So many Americans are deficient of vitamin D, it's nearly an epidemic. And don't forget to be tested for Lyme disease. Get the tests ! Don't say MS until you've ruled out a lot of other stuff ! Good luck
      CBC, vitamins, Lyme came back great. I have no stresses, worries, or sleep issues, that was why the therapist I was referred to couldn't diagnose me with a mental health problem. Had my heart checked, prime condition. Hopefully something clicks for someone. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Hi -- Due to some symptoms that you had on your list, you could very well have separate issues going on at the same time. I would start with the ones that do logically add up to something... which is gastro issues. You might want to see a Gastroenterologist to see what all those digestive track symptoms are about. Problems within the digestive track can make also make feel like you are having palpatations, cause fatigue, generalized back and abdominal pain/discomfort, in addition to other systemic issues. Like Jerry, I am not a doctor, so don't rely on my statements as being a diagnosis, but if it was me, I would check out what's up with my guts, then move on from there. All the best - let us know how things shake out.
        -------------------------------------
        Always Remember, Sacred Cows Make The Best Hamburgers

Comment

Hello x2theone2x and welcome to MSWorld.

My first thought is heat stroke or heat stress due to the high temperatures your working in. This would account for many of your symptoms.

Heat stress:
          http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/heatstress/

Heatstroke:
          http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/con-20032814

The other thought was a mechanical (slipped/bulging/herniated disc, bone spurs, arthritis, ect) back problem. Back problems can cause neurological symptoms but, is not related to Multiple Sclerosis.

Take care.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
            Hello x2theone2x and welcome to MSWorld.

My first thought is heat stroke or heat stress due to the high temperatures your working in. This would account for many of your symptoms.

Heat stress:
            http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/heatstress/

Heatstroke:
            http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/con-20032814

The other thought was a mechanical (slipped/bulging/herniated disc, bone spurs, arthritis, ect) back problem. Back problems can cause neurological symptoms but, is not related to Multiple Sclerosis.

Take care.
            That actually makes a heck of a ton of sense now. Never really correlated the two, simple because I thought heat stress made you in general, unable to function. I'll talk to my primary about this, thank you.

Comment

Even though your vitamin levels checked out to be in the normal range, the doctors only check for those levels to be 'in the range'. What if your levels are in the 'range' but very low in the 'range'? You may be the person that needs to be higher up in the range. The USRDA established the ranges to be minimums that a person needs to sustain life. Is that what you what you want? To meet the minimums ? That's not always so good! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by x2theone2x View Post
                That actually makes a heck of a ton of sense now. Never really correlated the two, simple because I thought heat stress made you in general, unable to function. I'll talk to my primary about this, thank you.
                You're welcome, x2theone2x.

I hope your Primary Care Physician (PCP) finds heat to be the possible cause. That would be so much more easy to deal with than a disease

Take care!
                Diagnosed 1984
                “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I know that you are in a 'sticky wicket' with your health problems. There is no reason to feel that you should hav e debate. It's should be simple to explain your health issues. If your symptoms continue year round and throughout the day, maybe you need to consider your lifestyle and work environment, etc. It seems to me that your immune system is not working properly. A neurologic exam would be a good place to start ! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                    I know that you are in a 'sticky wicket' with your health problems. There is no reason to feel that you should hav e debate. It's should be simple to explain your health issues. If your symptoms continue year round and throughout the day, maybe you need to consider your lifestyle and work environment, etc. It seems to me that your immune system is not working properly. A neurologic exam would be a good place to start ! Good luck
                    Some new symptoms

Pressure feeling in head
                    Cold sores
                    On off swollen glands below ears
                    Pressure feeling at base of lungs when breathing.
                    Dry mouth/lips no matter the amount drinking

Comment

Originally posted by x2theone2x View Post
                      My age 21, birthday yesterday lmao...
                      Sex: male
                      Symptoms:
                      cough
                      mucus
                      chest pain/palpitations
                      phlegm - clear
                      leg weakness
                      back pain - throughout cervical, thoracic, and lumbar regions
                      muscle tenseness in neck
                      vertigo - work
                      dizzy spells - work
                      lightheartedness - worse at work
                      fatigue / drowsy - debilitating
                      diarrhea / tar
                      nausea / abdominal pain - mainly work
                      gas
                      hot and cold flashes - mainly work
                      twitching
                      hearing loss
                      skin's ability to determine hot or cold on left side diminishing
                      on/off left eye pain and blurriness
                      numbness and tingling, primarily on left side of body / face
                      crawling sensations on back of head to top of head, or rain hitting head.

My brain MRI came back spectacular, however my cervical spine came back with mild to moderate wear and tear related scar tissue. I'm only 21 yet my doctor, who's major base of patients is 50+ says this is incredibly normal for my age. I would like everyone's opinion on this, as I'm thinking about getting another opinion and also getting a thoracic MRI done.

I've been working the last 4 months as a stocker at wal-mart. They don't turn the air conditioner on during third shift so it can get to the high 90's in the store with ease, this may tie into the work related symptoms.

Also to point out, I've been tested for anxiety and the therapist says I show no mental signs of anxiety disorder, only physical, and therefore couldn't logically give me a diagnosis of anxiety.

Thank you.
                      All OF THE ABOVE and get into a GI doc or your primary ASAP! Tar like stools are generally something very serious and should NOT BE IGNORED. Most of your other symptoms are probably related to the GI, disorder! Good luck and I think once they investigate the stool problem, you'll find out what is going on with your body!
                      Best of luck and prayers going your way! Fed

Comment

Working...
                      X