No announcement yet.

Does your ms make you tired???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fatigue is also not a sleep all the time type. I feel like I could fall asleep at any time but struggle with insomnia too. My fatigue is more feeling like I won't be able to get to the end of a hallway before collapsing from exhaustion. Everything I do takes so much effort to accomplish. If I'm just regular run of the mill tired too the fatigue is so much worse.

Comment

Yes, my legs mostly.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
        I used to be able to drink a Cup or two of coffee, an hour before bed and I would have no problem falling asleep! I am now on Provigil for my fatigue that is one of the different prescriptions used to fight this off. Your best bet would be to talk to your neurologist about this. Best of luck to you!
        thanks , I did just call my doctor and ask for some Adderall and some Provigil I need one or the other. I sleep good at night now, I wasn't before but sleep good now. I hate having ms.. some people think there is nothing wrong with me until I tell them I have ms. you cant tell just by looking at someone. I'm also having memory problems which is annoying and kind of scary.

Comment

I can so relate

Between the fatigue and the memory loss, I don't know which one is the worse. I hate ms for so many reasons. It's to the point where my bad days are starting to outweigh my good days. I put on a brave face and everyone thinks I'm ok but when I tell them I have ms they say "well you don't look sick". Umm what do "looking sick" look like? The fatigue makes it so hard to get out of bed and get the day started. The memory loss is aggravating as hell.

Comment

thanks everyone

I must not have seen the links that were posted in here right away but will visit them now.
            thanks for sharing
            butterflybliss

Originally posted by butterflyblissbabe82 View Post
            Hi all,
            I'm just wondering if your ms makes you tired?? I can drink a pot of coffee a day and still I'm always tired...
            just wondering if it is from the ms or something else?
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

thanks for the replys! does anyone wanna chat on messenger i just got my ms pills

tonight and I have TONs and tons of energy
              I am always looking for new friends if anyone wants to add me to their yahoo please send me a pm of your yahoo id and I will add you to my yahoo id or skype list thanks
              butterflygirl

Comment

Does it ever!

MS fatigue makes me highly unmotivated to do anything. I think it's largely to blame for my inability to concentrate for long periods, and cognitive efforts make the fatigure worse. Taking naps do not help.
                Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
                UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

I feel so sick today...and tired too i didnt sleep well last night.

Originally posted by Nanobaby View Post
                  MS fatigue makes me highly unmotivated to do anything. I think it's largely to blame for my inability to concentrate for long periods, and cognitive efforts make the fatigure worse. Taking naps do not help.
                  does anyone else find it hard to turn their minds off at nighttime or
                  is that from my caffiene intake last night i only slept 2 hours thinking about today
                  and find new work online since i work from home. i wish i had a girlfriend that lived close to me that had ms so we could go thru this together my husband doesnt understand it and thinks i just need medicine or something or its no big deal but i feel really bad today lol

Comment

I think everyone with ms does...

Lassitude is the #1 reason that people with MS are placed on disability. It is difficult for most people to understand that MS fatigue goes far beyond being tired. I tell people that it is like stirring a bucket of paint with your eyelashes- and ask whomever I am speaking to, to try and imagine being faced with that task
                    Shalom, Suzanne
                    You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Imagine View Post
                      Lassitude is the #1 reason that people with MS are placed on disability. It is difficult for most people to understand that MS fatigue goes far beyond being tired. I tell people that it is like stirring a bucket of paint with your eyelashes- and ask whomever I am speaking to, to try and imagine being faced with that task
                      Shalom, Suzanne
                      thanks so much for the reply my hubby is trying to break me of coffee or soda but i slept so good last night only had 2 cups lol right now im trying to get int eh mood to login to my work at home jobs my mind just keeps thinking sleep lol
                      maybe i i listen to music i can wake up more that is what i did before this terrible dx

Comment

Originally posted by butterflyblissbabe82 View Post
                        thanks so much for the reply my hubby is trying to break me of coffee or soda but i slept so good last night only had 2 cups lol right now im trying to get int eh mood to login to my work at home jobs my mind just keeps thinking sleep lol
                        maybe i i listen to music i can wake up more that is what i did before this terrible dx
                        I to also want to ask does anyone suffer from insomnia ? Last night i stayed up all night long literally i didnt get to bed until after 7 this morning.Other nights i stay up til past 3 in the am and have to wake back up in 4 hours to take care of my dogs . So needless to say im not being able to sleep. Its really taking a toll , i try to go to bed before 3 and i just end up waking up 2 hours later , anyone have suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by daraslyte View Post
                          I to also want to ask does anyone suffer from insomnia ? Last night i stayed up all night long literally i didnt get to bed until after 7 this morning.Other nights i stay up til past 3 in the am and have to wake back up in 4 hours to take care of my dogs . So needless to say im not being able to sleep. Its really taking a toll , i try to go to bed before 3 and i just end up waking up 2 hours later , anyone have suggestions?
                          you can ask your doctor about melatonin or buy it over the counter its a hormone your body already makes so you cant take too much of it I take that and squil for sleep and caffeine pills during the day to wake up its a rotten cycle but I'm in a good mood today so I'm not complaining I just need glasses soon!

Comment

Working...
                          X