Strange sensation after injection reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange sensation after injection reaction

Hi, I was diagnosed and began taking Copaxone about a year ago. A a few days ago I did my injection in my arm as usual and had my first "larger than normal" reaction. My shared solutions nurse said it sounded like I injected a little too shallow and that it should go away, which it did. But now for a couple days my arm has been sensitive to the point that it is sometimes almost painful, but only when it is rubbed. Shared solutions is closed now, so I can't contact them, but I don't know if this is from the reaction, if it is a new symptom, or something entirely unrelated, and I'm not sure how concerned about it I should be.
    Thanks!

Unless something has changed, Shared Solutions has nurses on call 24 hours per day.

Comment

Originally posted by thomdrew7 View Post
      Shared solutions is closed now, so I can't contact them, but I don't know if this is from the reaction, if it is a new symptom, or something entirely unrelated, and I'm not sure how concerned about it I should be.
      Thanks!
      Hi! Very nice to make your acquaintance, though I am sorry it is not under better circumstances for us all.

First, you can call Shared Solutions 24/7/365 at 800-887-8100. They always have after hours MS-certified nurses available. Do not hesitate to call them.

I have experienced what you are feeling many times in the past and it usually is always with my arms. There is not as much fat on me there, so I think that is the main reason why. The bumps I get under the skin always seem larger, last longer, and hurt more than the injections in my thighs, above buttocks and stomach area.

The one thing that I have found with my arms that seems to help some is really getting the area I am going to inject into very warm from using the compresses that Shared Solutions provides us all (for free).

Again, give S.S. a call. They will be happy to speak with you! :-)

Stay safe and well. Again, very nice to meet you.
      -------------------------------------
      Always Remember, Sacred Cows Make The Best Hamburgers

Comment

Sorry, I should have clarified that I'm in Canada, and they aren't open on weekends here. I also should have clarified that the strange sensation is all the way down my arm and into the base of my palm. I called today though and they said to wait a few more days and if the sensation is still there to maybe go see a doctor. Thank you though!

Comment

Working...
        X