Has anyone skipped a Copaxone dose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone skipped a Copaxone dose

Has anyone that has been on Copaxone for several years ever skipped a dose, or more than one?

Did you notice any side effects or worsening of symptoms during this time?

How long did you go without taking the copaxone?

And, if you started the meds back up again, did the negative things go away?

I was on Copaxone for 6 years several years ago and many times, either by choice or by accident, I missed a dose or dosages. I didn't notice anything different afterwards, even when I took a week's hiatus from it.

Best to stay on track, however!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I had been on Copaxone for 9 years. I missed a week because of insurance change. I called Shared Solutions. They said it would not be a problem. The drug builds up in your system. I did not have any problems during missed time or after restarting.

toot
      toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
      Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

After my 1st year I had a SNAFU renewing the rx and was off Copaxone for a little over a week with no ill effects. I have also missed the occasional shot (or two in a row) with no perceptible effects.
        1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
        NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

8 years on 20 mg C, I cannot reach to inject into good arm due to spasticity of bad arm so I skip a shot every week. No ill effects. Nice stockpile developed over time which came in handy transitioning to Medicare.

Comment

Skipped Copaxone doses

Last year my neurologist told me I could skip one Copaxone dose a week. She said that tests show Copaxone stays in your system long enough that it wouldn't be a problem. I've skipping Saturdays since then without any big problems.

Lisa

Comment

Someone here compared 20mg x 7 days = 140mg per week and 40mg x 3 days = 120mg per week, 20mg less than 7 days. Just using those numbers I would assume it's ok to miss a shot. I've been on it for almost 8 years and have missed doses, even 2 weeks once.
              Jen
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Every few weeks, I deliberately miss dose. My hide just can't take it sometimes.... I am the poster boy for nasty site reactions. Still mostly in remission, though, so I keep jabbing....
                Jim S.

Comment

Numweous

I've missed as much as 2 weeks before, and had no problems. I'm not advocating missing injections, and I'm trying to be consistent now. Should you be worried, give Shared Solutions a call.
                  You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X