Disability from the VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disability from the VA

Hi everyone. I finally received what I think is a fair disability rating from the VA. After 10 years of going back and forth with the VA I was rated at 100 percent disabled. Just because you can't see a disability doesn't mean you are not disabled. I want to tell vets facing a disability claim, do Not give up. Take care everyone. MDE

Originally posted by Sirike View Post
    Hi everyone. I finally received what I think is a fair disability rating from the VA. After 10 years of going back and forth with the VA I was rated at 100 percent disabled. Just because you can't see a disability doesn't mean you are not disabled. I want to tell vets facing a disability claim, do Not give up. Take care everyone. MDE
    My disability is evident to even non-medical types, yet the VA rated me at 30%, the LOWEST they could go. Go figure??????

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Gomer - you need to file a notice of disagreement (NOD) for your rating. You have one-year from the rating date to preserve your back pay. Heck, you are in a wheelchair the majority of time. Not only should you get back pay, but you probably should qualify for special monthly compensation. It's a process and not a fun one, but you are due additional disability. If they disapprove your NOD then you can have a lawyer take your case to the Board of Veterans Appeals. According to a VA attorney over 60% of the BVA cases are lost by the VA because they had "NO SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL GROUNDS TO DENY THE CLAIM TO BEGIN WITH." That's right --- the VA is simply messing over veterans left and right without any justification.

Never give up, Never give in.

Comment

The VA always lowballs if they can. You just have to keep fighting.

The system stinks...just keep fighting for the benefits you so richly deserve.
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X