Hair loss with Copaxone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hair loss with Copaxone?

Has anyone notice hair loss since using Copaxone? I've been using Copaxone for many years, but have noticed that I'm losing more and more hair over the last year? My hairdresser pointed it out to me yesterday as it is increasing. I don't see it as an expected side effected in the Copaxone pamphlet.

Lisa

I started Copaxone 20 in 2008 and switched to Copaxone 40 in March. I have never experienced hair loss.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I was on Copaxone for many years also and had no problem with hair loss. I've heard that Biotin is great for restoring hair loss and brittle nails. You might want to try it!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Yes, I had hair loss when I was on Copaxone. Especially when I used permanent hair color.

Comment

Yes, I've had hair loss

on Copaxone - lots of hair loss in the past year, especially on the top of my head! Very disturbing...

Comment

I am losing my hair anyway, so ..... if the sun is out, I just wear a hat...
            Jim S.

Comment

Hair loss is one of the fun things that come with MS.

Since I'm a preacher's wife I get to wear funny hats or blue wigs. The kids love me.

Comment

hmm...

I have thick. waist length hair and have been on Copaxone for2 years and haven't had a problem. I am sure this problem is frustrating; and just b/c it's not listed as a side effect doesn't mean it's not a side effect for you. I think it's doubtful, though, unless you've had a complete physical and ruled everything else out. There are so many things that can cause hair thinning, like thyroid problems, that I think it would behoove you to get a through physical (if you haven't). I hope the problem is resolved soon.
                [COLOR="#008080"Shalom, Suzanne][/COLOR]
                You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X