Typical Michigan VA……….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical Michigan VA……….

Guess cut-n-paste does not work on the NEW MSworld?

PROGRESS! 4 ya.

Had PM&R apt. told VA not likely to provide a lift for my well worn non-VA (old used ebay) scooter, (almost dead). Same goes for getting a VA scooter, since my old scooter is no completely dead yet. She as surprised I as only rated at 30%.

The scooter/lift requests are in but most likely will get DENIED! Told it will be MONTHS before I find out if denied or less likely approved

Vets with no Hx of falls get the red carpet treatment while Gomer w/ long Hx of injury falls, surgeries & hospitalization gets Gomer'd as usual.

Nice vets finish LAST as usual.

Please get in contact with your local American Legion to see if they can help you. Our local Legions work together to help Vets in need. Wish I could help more

Comment

The ONLY local VSO I know of is a visiting MOPH, who was not interested in helping from the get go. Due to MS I get free membership in PVA, who claims MS is the most frequent issue they deal with. DAV was not interested in helping either, both at the VAMC I use. Once in a while someone wants to and does help but it is rare here.

Took me FOUR years (after a (NON-VA P/T cleared me medically as needing a Medicare provided POWER CHAIR, took only a couple weeks). Just to get a simple manual chair from the VA. My power chair is still pretty good after 5+ yrs but I can not use it except at home.

Watch the movie Article 99 (1992, comedy on DVD), things here are not any better. My MSCOE is a center excellent at keeping needed things from VETs.

I can use my manual chair some but big stores etc, becomes a problem due to left hand issues, so I need power for them. MY left side is weaker, even legs.

FIGTING the Va is stupid,specially while trying to save our home and keep my car runnable for short errands.

Comment

I don't know where in Michigan you live but I found some phone numbers of American Legion posts. I sure if you called one they would be able to get you in touch with someone who can help. Traverse City, MI (231)922-2119 Cadillac, MI (231)775-6500. Jackson, MI (517)788-8562, Lansing, MI (517)371-4720

Comment

Hi MMouse..........couldn't resist!

Worked in Traverse city for a few months in 1970, wife had relatives in Cady City. Our chief resident "nerd" (gov) is in the BRAIN DEAD cty, aka Lansing, and I live in Jokeson. (in your list).

I do not frequent bars, which is what most posts basically seem me. Maybe I shoud check ne out. (ORRY typin on MSorld is HELL, ALL other ites typing is ormal. )

Comment

That's ok Gomer! The MMouse picture is a birthday cake we made for our 4yo grandson. You can call me D (what my friends call me) or Oma (what my grandsons call me). I understand about a Post being represented as a bar, but they are a service organization for Veterans helping Veterans. We are not patrons of the bar but we take part in helping out the Vets.

Comment

Working...
            X