Support group with no support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support group with no support?

I joined this group because I needed support... I got NONE. I am not certain if I have MS although I have been asking my Dr.s to send me for an MRI because I felt that I had MS. I finally got one ordered and yep I do have lesions... I joined here and posted the results and have got NOONE to advise or even to say hello... I guess one must be in the loop... I am frustrated that not even a Group Moderator has commented... Thanks for nothing... My fears and worries will continue to be just as they are and I will seek support else where.

Sorry that no one has responded to you. This is very uncommon here. Some how you fell through the crack.

Pease realize we cannot interpret MRI results or diagnose you. Evidently, what you are experiencing does not relate to other people here. I really don't have anything I can add to support you and your quest for a diagnosis. Lesions can happen for many different reasons and MS lesions have a specific location and shape. I don't know exactly what those are, but I know others have made that statment before.

I hope you stay here and find this place as supportive as I have. If not, then good luck wherever you decide to look for support.
    MS is not a crisis in my life. It is just a chapter within my life.

Comment

Hi bamabel - let me extend a sincere apology from all of us for not responding to your two previous posts you wrote. I would feel bad too if I got no response from anyone and you are right - we are a support group!

I remember when I joined many years ago and introduced myself and no one responded or welcomed me. I think lots of people's posts get overlooked, and that is sad. As far as the board moderator's, we all have MS too and volunteer our time here amidst our other jobs or family life. We try~~

I sincerely hope you will reconsider being a part of MSWorld.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Sorry I got frustrated. Thank You for the replies. I know that my lesions are small and they are on both sides in the deep white matter of the frontal lobe and the partial lobe. I did have an ultra sound of my neck arteries and my results were minimal... So I can rule mini strokes out. I go tomorrow for another MRI with a more powerful machine. My MS Neuro did tell me as I was leaving my first visit that it looked like I had MS... But I gave her all the symptoms starting in 2006 I had what I call floaters in my vision... now I have blurry vision a lot. I was diagnosed with Fibro last year but it did not address all my symptoms. Not to mention when it hits each time is a bit worse than the last. I have been diagnosed with essential tremor. I have a long list of symptoms. Some may be fibro ... maybe not fibro at all.

Comment

That's quite alright, bamabel - we all get frustrated! So glad to see you here today! Sorry you got a dx of MS, but relieved that you didn't have a stroke. I keep reading that some of our members also have fibromyalgia too. It must be difficult differentiating between some of the symptoms.

Good luck with your 2nd MRI tomorrow and let us know how it goes!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks for expressing your frustration, bamabel, and not just going away mad. Hopefully, we'll do better at responding to your posts.

Sometimes, if I'm awaiting a response, after a few days, I'll just post a response that says "bump" and it will bump up the thread so that others will notice it, since, it would now be pretty far down.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

HELLO

I WAS SCROLLING THROUGH THE FORUM MESSAGES AND SAW YOUR POST. SOMETIMES I ALSO HAVE TROUBLE FINDING SUPPORT IN SUPPORT GROUPS AND I HAVE BELONGED TO MANY OF THEM. IN MY EXPERIENCE I HAVE FOUND THAT EITHER NO ONE HAS HAD THE PARTICULAR PROBLEM I HAVE POSTED ABOUT OR THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER POSTS MINE JUST GOT LOST IN THE SHUFFLE. i AM GLAD YOU DIDN'T EAVE....I HAVE HAD GOOD LUCK POSTING HERE IN THE PAST AND I HOPE YOU WILL TOO FROM NOW ON!

Comment

Working...
              X