Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unofficially not a stroke. My ultra sound of my neck looked good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unofficially not a stroke. My ultra sound of my neck looked good.

I posted yesterday my MRI results and have gotten no takers on giving advise. I went to day for my neck ultra sound and the tech. said it looked good to her although she can not read the thing to me... she did say that stroke could be marked off my list. So that now leaves me with MS...Until I can get that ruled out

I have been telling my GP that something else was wrong with me.. I have been diagnosed with Fibro. That came last year. Let me explain why I insisted on a MRI... My symptoms.. Tremors I feel these through my body, I can see them in my hands and arms. My legs tremor going down stairs (feels more like convolutions) very scary, BAD headaches, jaw clenching, extremely tired, Twitching it starts above my left eye and last over a month... I also twitch in other various places but those are random..the eye almost constant...I experience what I call floaters in my vision.If you ever watched a bat-man cartoon...well the word boxes when they fight...says BAM...POW...lol the squiggled outline... bright edges and dark center (no words...LOL).

I have weakness in arms and legs and have times when I promise my neck is not strong enough to hold my bowling ball head up...my head feels very heavy... and pain... in back muscles stay contracted, knees, feet ugghh everywhere. Now I know I have forgot stuff... that is another problem I have... I forget things... and my emotions are not in control...I have depression and anxiety... I know I got this Fibro diagnoses (I question that) but even still something more Is going on.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hello bamabel and welcome to MSWorld.

I experience what I call floaters in my vision.If you ever watched a bat-man cartoon...well the word boxes when they fight...says BAM...POW...lol the squiggled outline... bright edges and dark center
    What you are describing sounds like an Ocular Migraine:
    http://www.allaboutvision.com/condit...r-migraine.htm

I have depression and anxiety
    Are you on any medication for your anxiety and depression or seeing a Therapist? Both can cause some of the symptoms you are having. Twitching is quite common when a person is stressed, or anxious as is headaches, jaw clenching, fatigue, weakness and tremors (shaking).

another problem I have... I forget things
    Cognitive (memory) problems can be common with Fibro, sometimes called "fibro fog." When a person, for whatever reason is very fatigued the body doesn't work properly and can cause cognitive problems and you can feel more emotional.

Information about Fibromyalgia:
    http://www.fibrocenter.com/fibromyalgia-symptoms.aspx

My legs tremor going down stairs (feels more like convolutions) very scary
    Yes, it would be scary. Do you exercise? Is it possible you are dealing with leg weakness from a lack of physical activity? It takes very little time to lost muscle/strength and if this is the case going down steps can make you feel very shaky.

I can't comment about your MRI as that is out of the real of any expertise I may have and is best left to your Dr. to interpret.

Multiple Sclerosis can cause many different types of symptoms but they are not unique to MS as other conditions can cause the same symptoms. Many conditions overlap one another.

Take care!
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

MS can be really hard to dx. There are so many look-alike diseases.

My MS also presented with stroke-like symptoms, initially. After three months, I had a second flare with very different symptoms, so a stroke was officially ruled out, but it still took almost two years to dx MS.

It is very possible that you, as you suspect, have something more than fibro. It is not unusual to develop more than one auto-immune disease, once you have one.

Hang in there. Hope you get some answers soon. Sorry to hear about your depression. Have you considered seeing a doctor for an anti-depressant? I needed to do that, once, and it brought me out of mine and I was able to taper off the A/D med later.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi bamabel:

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        It is very possible that you, as you suspect, have something more than fibro. It is not unusual to develop more than one auto-immune disease, once you have one.
        It's true that autoimmune conditions seem to flock together. Except that, even though it can occur alongside of autoimmune conditions, fibromyalgia is NOT an autoimmune disease.
        http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/f...ne-Disease.htm

Originally posted by bamabel View Post
        BAD headaches <snip>...I experience what I call floaters in my vision.If you ever watched a bat-man cartoon...well the word boxes when they fight...says BAM...POW...lol the squiggled outline... bright edges and dark center
        I agree with the other poster that what you're describing sounds like an ocular (or ophthalmic) migraine or the visual aura that accompanies migraines. By definition, an ocular migraine occurs without head pain. If head pain is involved, by definition, the visual effects are the visual aura of a migraine, and the sensation isn't just an ocular migraine. So it would be a good idea to tell your neurologist about the bad headaches and the visual auras so you can be evaluated for migraine. (Migraine is also NOT an autoimmune disease.)

Also, the term "floaters" has a medical meaning, and it's not the one you're using it for. Google "floaters" and you'll find that it refers to usually normal debris that literally floats around inside the eyeball, casting shadows as it moves. That's completely different than the aura symptoms you're using the term for.

So, when you tell your doctors about the visual sensations, don't call them floaters or you'll confuse and mislead them about what you're experiencing. And that will detour your doctors from more quickly identifying what's going on with you, which you don't want. Just describe the visual sensation, like you did here, without putting a label on it and you should do fine.

Comment

Working...
        X