CONSIDERING AUBAGIO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONSIDERING AUBAGIO

I have taken Avonex, Copaxone, Tecfidera and most recently Gilenya which I just stopped about two months ago. So I have been DMT free since stopping Gilenya. I have progressed and was progressing while taking the other DMT's.

Now I am considering starting AUBAGIO. So far from what I have read it seems to be a rather safe drug and the side effects don't seem to be that bad. Is there anything I'm missing? I'm going to my a Neuro soon and want to talk to him about it so I'm trying to gather as much information as I can. Any help would be be greatly appreciated.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

4 meds in 4 years has to be really frustrating. I'm sorry you're going through this.
    I can offer my experience w/Aubagio.
    I began taking it at the end of Dec 2104. About a month after starting I had a minor bit of diarrhea for about 2 weeks. It was so minor I never even took any OTC treatments for it. No other side effects that I can blame on the A. I've just finished the last of my 6 monthly checks & all the blood tests have come back with good levels. Most important of all, I have not had any MS progression. No additional symptoms, problems, fatigue, zip. I'm not miraculously better than before, but I wasn't expecting that.
    I hope this helps. Let us know what you decide.
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Here is my experience with Aubagio:

I started Aubagio 14mg January 2013 after 36 Tysabri infusions.
      Hard to tell how well it's working since I'm progressive/relapsing so not sure how my progression would have been without taking it.
      Only have had 1 relapse that started mid-January 2014 and lasted about 1 month. Think I only had 1 relapse while on Tysabri.
      Only side effect has been some periodic diarrhea but nothing intolerable.
      Since I already was a victim of a receding hairline couldn't tell about hair loss - but it does not seem any quicker!
      Otherwise no other side effects and I feel fine.
      With mfg copay I do not have to pay anything.

If you read thru the Aubagio threads there are others that had some struggles, even some that quit and went thru the wash-out.

My Neuro wants me to switch from Aubagio to Lemtrada thinking it's the best option for me after its recent FDA approval. My approval is pending.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post
        Here is my experience with Aubagio:

I started Aubagio 14mg January 2013 after 36 Tysabri infusions.
        Hard to tell how well it's working since I'm progressive/relapsing so not sure how my progression would have been without taking it.
        Only have had 1 relapse that started mid-January 2014 and lasted about 1 month. Think I only had 1 relapse while on Tysabri.
        Only side effect has been some periodic diarrhea but nothing intolerable.
        Since I already was a victim of a receding hairline couldn't tell about hair loss - but it does not seem any quicker!
        Otherwise no other side effects and I feel fine.
        With mfg copay I do not have to pay anything.

If you read thru the Aubagio threads there are others that had some struggles, even some that quit and went thru the wash-out.

My Neuro wants me to switch from Aubagio to Lemtrada thinking it's the best option for me after its recent FDA approval. My approval is pending.

Good luck to you.
        if you don't mind me asking, why did you stop ty?

Comment

Originally posted by shel67 View Post
          if you don't mind me asking, why did you stop ty?
          2 reasons:
          - cost was high since my insurance did not cover much of the cost.
          - the inconvenience getting to the infusion center since I no longer drive due to my disability.

Comment

Working...
          X