I can dance! Well, sort of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can dance! Well, sort of.

Pre-MS, my favorite exercises were walking the dogs, biking, and dancing with my Just Dance games. Well, the dogs are 45 and 60 lbs. and hyper, even though both are getting elderly. Since I'm doing good just walking around the house without falling on my face, I figure dog walking is out! Biking? Well, maybe, if I can find a 3-wheeler. Now, dancing! I finally got up the nerve to try it last week, and I actually got 3 stars on several of the dances! True, I used to get 5 stars on most of them, and I had to keep a chair right behind me in case I had to sit down (and I did!) But it brought tears to my eyes just dancing at all. It gives me hope that there are other things that I thought were forever lost may eventually come back.

WAY TO GO! Don't ever give up hope, these are some of the things that can happen! Congratulations.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Awesome!

A new rock band came out. I used to love my little plastic guitar. Then I had a flare and my jam sessions ended. I decided to try the new one, and bingo bango I can play again. Like you, not five starring it up like before but 3 or 4 stars aint to bad! I think it's pretty good between losing track of where my fingers are and zoning out in the middle of songs.

I read the posts here often. the losses are almost always something I can relate to, even if they haven't happened to me yet. Probably because I never could have imagined the negative stuff that has happened to me before dx but now I feel like anything could happen. Usually not the pluses though. Not that I'm overly negative, I don't think, but because most of the bonuses I get are strangely unique to my personality. I'm right there with you on this one though. Rock on!
      You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Comment

This is awesome! I love how resilient we are--finding joy in new circumstances and going with it.

After my first big flare I could no longer use my fave rock band input (drums). Fast-forward 18 months to a visit to a friend's home--they have a pro-level drum kit, that can also interface with rockband. The responsive kick pedal made all the difference - I could do 3-4 stars on hard consistently.

My husband ended up getting me the pro kit for xmas-- it has been great PT/mental PT in building new neural pathways
        RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

wow

I'm going to have t dig out my rock band stuff! I haven't tried it since MS, but it sounds like fun!

Comment

Working...
          X