New 3 tesla MRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 3 tesla MRI

My VAMC in Ann Arbor MI, where I get my MS care now has a NEW MRI machine. It replaced the old 1.5T with a new 3T MRI. The sewer pipe (as I call it) is LARGER, ok not big but the old MRI was very small inside. Wonder how many more scars the new more powerful MRI will show?

Had my first 3T Jack-hammer-sewer pipe ride in I today

Gomer Sir Falls-a-Lot

Originally posted by gomer View Post
    My VAMC in Ann Arbor MI, where I get my MS care now has a NEW MRI machine. It replaced the old 1.5T with a new 3T MRI. The sewer pipe (as I call it) is LARGER, ok not big but the old MRI was very small inside. Wonder how many more scars the new more powerful MRI will show?

Had my first 3T Jack-hammer-sewer pipe ride in I today

Gomer Sir Falls-a-Lot

Hi Gomer!

I too go to the Ann Arbor VA. I had my last MRI in March in the new machine. I went from having 5 lesions (with the old one) to 10 with the new imaging. I hear it is much more sensitive. What I liked with the new one is that I got to wear headphones and listen to music during the 1 hour it took to get the images. Other than that just as uncomfortable as the old one to be in.

Comment

You got HEADPHONES!

Who did you have to bribe?

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Originally posted by gomer View Post
        You got HEADPHONES!

Who did you have to bribe?

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot
        No one!

I had read about the new machines (and had gotten my first MRI for MS in one on fee basis) so when I saw the one at Ann Arbor I asked if they had the music hooked up and told them I would like to have music. They not only had no problem with it, they even took requests. I so got to hear music instead of the knocking and pinging of the machine!

Comment

Working...
        X