Manitol in Copaxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manitol in Copaxone

Is there really less dent producing Manitol in the newer 40Mg. Copaxone injections?

No. According to the Copaxone prescribing information, there's the same amount of mannitol in both formulations.

Comment

Dent producing Mannitol

Thank you JReagan70. I guess I just have to live with the lipo-atrophy. Have you heard of any way to get rid of it?

Comment

I haven't heard of anyone getting rid of it, although I've read that surgery can be done. I wonder if that's a little bit extreme.

You can try to prevent it by varying your injection sites. There is a protocol for which sites to use, but, you can vary those by moving a little to the left, right, up, down, whatever from where you most recent injection at that site was.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X