Still feels like optic neuritis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still feels like optic neuritis

I was in hospital for 5 days almost 2 weeks ago for optic neuritis/vertigo. I had IV Solumedrol (1000) steroids, brain, neck, spine mri's and monitoring. Im still a little swollen from steroids, body hurts still blurred eyes, and feels like needles sticking my right eye, obvious headache's. I've done 5 days in hospital before and eyes were cleared n I wasn't as dizzy as I still am. I feel the same way as I did before I went for the treatment. I'm too dizzy to even get to neuro. Wondering if I should tell neuro that I need to do another round of steroids. Anyone else ever go thru this?
    Sleep is difficult to come by, take it when you can

Hi, Sorry you're having such a rough time. Despite still being RRMS after 24 years, and so kinda blessed, Optic Neuritis is the bane of my life.
    Even when in remission I have days when moving my left eye caused the stabbing neuro pain. A day or two later its gone with no concommitant blurring or loss of vision.
    I tend to treat it like a migraine and just cover my eyes with a mask and try to sleep.
    I don't know if a further course of steroids would help or not, but if in doubt, ask. Thats my policy. Optic Neuritis pain is unique and nothing like any other kind of headache, so we know its going on.
    Hope this helps
    x

Comment

Working...
    X